Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the forum and searched superchargers and came across alot of information. Most important was that Craig Conely was the person who took over the vintage superchargers which I though might have happened since he is the only one who sells them. I am posting this to find out what people know about him. If anyone has pictures of is setups or anything like that. I know latamud just got a supercharger installed from him recently and I would love to see some pictures. Also what was his price range is he flexible or is he firm on his price also does he guarantee and waranties with it. Does the kit come complete like do I need to purchase andything for the supercharger besides the expected stuff like a new cam and maybe head change and high flow fuel and oil pump. But I mean anything having to do with the supercharger itself is it complete from hat to the charger to all the brackets and tubes. Thanks Guys

John

·
Registered
627 Posts
Craig just restored my supercharger and did a great job. He wasn't cheap but I've learned that I'm not going to get the quality I want by cutting corners or going to the lowest bidder.

Good luck

wjj

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Craig installed the blower on my '66 Shelby a ..long.. time ago. Just had it refurbed a few months ago. I also added a Holley 650 DP carb that he milled and tuned, and updated the blower to 6psi. One word to describe my experiance with Craig. Perfection. The best parts, craftmanship, and knowlege. He stands behind his parts. His price is his price. If you want cheap, go somewhere else, if you want it right the first time, go to Craig.

He can supply a complete kit, absolutely every nut and bolt required. It will include the brackets/hoses/modified fuel pump/carb/belt/enclosure/air filter/etc. Call him for the price, but i would expect ~$3000 complete. No need to change heads/cam/etc.
My advise. Do it one time and do it right. He can supply a complete set-up designed and tuned for your application.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I haven't dealt with Craig on superchargers, but over the years I have dealt with him on Shelby wheel restoration, Minilites & Autolite inlines. He is very knowledgable & expensive, but well worth it. If you want the best, you pay for the best. He is not going to let you beat him up on his pricing.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The kit was complete. All I needed was a carb. Craig recommended at least a 600 cfm, I went with a 650 double pumper. The carb needs hardened floats, and to be jetted up one notch. I ordered the kit from craig to set up the carb, it was easy. It came with a K&N conical type air filter. It has a special mechanical fuel pump that recieves extra pressure fed off the charger. The brackets come with it. Craig will ask you what your cam duration is, lift, hyrolic or solid lifters, rear gears, trans type, and important, the type of water pump you have. If it is a new style aluminum water pump he grinds the mount to fit, otherwise shimming is involved to line up the pulleys. The engine compression is important too. I spent about two weeks back and forth with Craig getting everything together. Mostly because I had a pay mix up in Finance but it all worked out. It's dark right now, but I can take some pics and e-mail them to you. It does look nice under the hood. With the crappy paint on the car you'd never know I had a supercharger in her. If you order one it takes about a month to get to you. Craig custom builds each one for each customer. I plan to put one on every car I ever own forever! Or at least swap the one I have back and forth. I'd say roadracers website is the most informative on the Paxton Supercharger, and the most exciting. I installed it myself, took about 1 hour.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I also wanted to add, the whole kit was $3,000, $50 for the carb kit, which you could get elsewhere for much cheaper, and $50 shipping(regional) fron CA to TX. I bought a new 650 dbl pmper on e-hay for $200. Total on me $3300. I'm saying it was worth it. For the price, yes you could get a wonderful paint job, maybe do a coil over suspention swap, heck a new engine, or a few more parts cars. But, the years of enjoyment I will get out of it will more than pay for itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts