Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold my 84 Mustang convertible. Yep. Rather than eliminating the ad though, I figure I'd fight back a little from all the stups, dumbasses, dreamers that replied to the ad for 4 months. There is an incredible amount of extremly stupid people in this country. A lot of them answered the ad.
I just changed the wording.
To see it, go to Craigslist, Illinois, Chicago, then cars & trucks for sale. Type in 1984 Mustang to get to the ad.
The ad runs out Wednesday afternoon so hurry. I don't know why other cities have ads that go back for months. The Chicago site only runs 7 days.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Concure with you LA Stang couldn't find it either

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Link

I found it.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Must have been bad it was removed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Three months ago I answered a Craigslist posting in Montery, CA. The ad was at lease 2 months old when I emailed him. Turns out the guy still had the part for sale. Took me two months to meet up with the guy cause of our schedules, but in the end I got a 8" posi with 3.55 ratio for $125.00 and it's perfect. It paid to ask in my case.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,713 Posts
Hmm...OK. I can still see it through the link provided by Bondo 68. I can imagine a particular one of my old high school english teachers having a stroke reading that. Cater to your audience, I suppose.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it got flqagged and deleted.
Probably by on of the idiots that drove me crazy over the last few months.
In short: Always 2-3 people a week asking "is it still available??. Ah, yeah, because I can go right in a delete the ad when it sells.

Willian Travis: this guy can't read. I always clicked the box stating NO commercial replies. What do I get? offers that I ought to put the car in the Mustang Trader. Oh, yeah, and try to reply to William. Comes back as undeliverable.

Then some college kid, must be trying to get a degree in banking, tells me all these payment plans. Funny, he never even came over to see the car. But he sure flamed me when I replied; "ah, no".

And 2-3 different people wanted to trade their motorcycle (ah, none were Harleys), again, none of them ever asked about the car. They're were just trying to dump a bike that not even they wanted.

And, the 2-3 different people who asked if it even ran??

Oh, and the week I put my phone number in the ad, I got a call from some crack addict at 2:00 AM.

So, the car is sold, and these morons can leave me alone.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I guess I dont get it, why leave it up after its sold? How would you feel if you found a part or a car you wanted on there and it had been sold two weeks prior?
I had some parts listed and got some stupid replies and low ball offers and I simply said no thanks or told them i was not going to sell stuff cheap only to see it flipped on ebay, end of story. Deleted the ad when stuff was gone.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
There are definitely some weird people on CL. Every time I post an ad with a pic that shows the car I'm selling on my trailer, someone always has to ask if the trailer is for sale. If the trailer was for sale, I would have mentioned that somewhere in the ad. :loco:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love CL. I bought my Boss and a big block Vette off of it, and I've never bought 2 cars so right in my life. Never sold anything there though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Craigslist is an interesting site. I emailed them to see if there was some way to do a global search instead of city by city and I got back a long diatribe about how I was trying to corrupt the Craigslist family. Still, it's a good place to buy and sell.

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
Roddster said:
Always 2-3 people a week asking "is it still available??. Ah, yeah, because I can go right in a delete the ad when it sells.
You sure can delete your CL postings. Go into your account. Any active listings will appear highlighted in green. If you click on the highlighted posting, it will show up with a "delete" or "edit" button at the top. It should be obvious what to do from there....

FWIW, I've sold a couple cars on CL. You get the occasional a-hole that emails you a ridiculous low ball offer, but most responses I get are genuine.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Ahh we've got it so tough now days! Years ago we would place an ad in a paper or
a publication like Hemmings. Get calls after it was sold or rediculous offers.
Guess back then we expected that. A person in CA calling at 9 or 10:00 didn't realize
it was 12 or 1:00 in the east. It's tough selling something on a computer listing,
it's just not perfect!

·
Registered
162 Posts
And just think, some of those d/a's are registered voters. No wonder this country has d/a's in D.C. with d/a's on the horizon waiting to take their place! (Not that there's anything wrong with being a d/a, of coarse.)

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
sycostang67 said:
There are definitely some weird people on CL. Every time I post an ad with a pic that shows the car I'm selling on my trailer, someone always has to ask if the trailer is for sale. If the trailer was for sale, I would have mentioned that somewhere in the ad. :loco:

What would you take for the trailer?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
LMan said:
What would you take for the trailer?
Trailers sold, I just leave the ad up to see how stupid people are. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts