Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, finally sending my crank out this month, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good crank shop in the NY/PA/CT area, Say around Putnam and Dutchass counties? Doesn't have to be in those counties, I just gave them so you have an idea where I am.

Rusty

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Rusty, there is a Ford only guy (Joe Lapine) in Danbury, CT. He balanced my 408W, and had a bunch of Ford Motorsport stuff in stock.

Google "Danbury Competition" although he is old school enough that he probably doesn't know or care what the internet is.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bill Carlquist - Carlquist Competition Engines in Connecticut - 860 274-0742.

(Edit - he's just outside of Waterbury, CT)

I haven't had him do work for me (300 miles away), but I have a few Ford-owning friends in eastern NY and New England who speak HIGHLY of him as a race-engine builder.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I have heard a lot of both guys. I believe Danbury Competition build a large number of motors for the ERA Cobras. So right now it is still a toss up

JohnTheTruckGuy. Is that your car at The Glen?? How is it there?? Ahh... someday I will get there :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
The blue aarmco is the give-away, huh ?

I suffer from the "too much time there" problem ("familiarity breeds contemp"), so it's FAR from my favorite track.

Hell...you're 3 hours away...it's not like you're in Zimbabwe...just GO to WGI. If you've been playing at Lime Rock, you'll appreciate the extra room.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't been bitten by the go fast bug yet. I am in the process of building the car now. If the weather and the $$$ hold out. I 'might' and that is a big might get a HPDE event before next fall. I don't have a garage where I live now, so the car is 30 min away, and I only get there on weekends :(
Yes the blue Armco does give it away :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts