Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this lovely red 1965 Mustang convertible with a white top and I almost destroyed it today in a bad accident. It went flying off my desk, did a 360 and landed upside down on the floor. One wheel and the windshield went flying. Fortunately, the dial tone still works. ::

So, here I am at the office, trying to do a restoration on my phone. Had to pull the rest of the wheels off to readjust the frame, but the body still looks out of alignment. Guess I'll have to take it to the shop tonight and do a front end alignment. ;)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Stop playing with your toys and get back to work! Ummmmm, maybe I should do the same.

·
Registered
613 Posts
that's just mean - I was hooked....

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
That's one way to hold off the tele-marketers!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sheesh, Had me worried there for a moment. ::

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You had me going for a second, cause i thought someone else, who owns a vert, started the thread. I guess not. Whew..... :p

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
I thought, aw shi* With her hip and all. Funny, very funny :: :D

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Are you going to report this to your insurace company?
Where you under the influance of pain pills at the time of the accident?
You know you are not suppose to take your pain pills and dial? says so right on the bottle!
DId you have to involve a police report?
If not you got off lucky this time. You are one lucky girl you can fix the damage yourself and not have to involve the insurance company or a body shop.
Let this be a lesson to you!!!! ::
;)

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the good news from my insurance company is that a replacement vehicle is available for me at my house. It has a few miles on it, and hopefully, it's still in working condition. So, while my current 'vert is being repaired I'll have a rental. Good thing, because I wouldn't know what to do if I had a phone that didn't honk! ::

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Did you try to leave the scene of an accident? citizens' arrrressst...citizens' arrresssttt (best Gomer imitation) lol

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You got me too! I was scratching my head wndering..****I didn't know Laurie had a 'vert......***

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
And here I was ready to offer my sympathy :p
I once added to Evel Knevals long list of injuries when I knocked him off my bookshelf and had his bobble head roll across the floor. Nothing new for him, just picked up the pieces, stuck it back together and carried on as if it were normal ::

·
Registered
562 Posts
O.K.,, that was sick and evil (lol). I was hooked, lined and sinkered. Mark

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:: :: ::

Hey, the bodyshop came through and my little red convertible is back in concours condition and ready to take your calls. ::

1 - 20 of 26 Posts