Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I don't know if it's an engine swap, but someone is building Batmobiles, the '66 version, with real turbine engines in them to be authentic.

·
Administrator
19,443 Posts
Authentic how I wonder? I wasn't aware that any Batmobile had an actual turbine. They were all just movie/TV props.

·
Administrator
19,443 Posts
Oh! OK.
They are painted in authentic vintage Ben-Day dot color schemes too then I expect. Hmmm? ;)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
A couple years ago, My buddy and I were sitting in our spots at Ford Carlisle and this 05-09 mustang slow rolls behind us with the sweetest sound ever. I was like dude that car sounds like it has a Cammer, sure enough we saw it on the show grounds later and it indeed was a 427SOHC motor in that late model stang.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I read a few years ago about the older 2.3L turbo going into a vintage Mustang, turns out here is a spot on VMF.

I had a 79 Coupe with that engine, for the early 80's it was fun to drive - the turbo boost kicked in about 4K rpm and it was definitely noticeable!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Authentic how I wonder? I wasn't aware that any Batmobile had an actual turbine. They were all just movie/TV props.
Well, the '60s version was supposed to have a turbine engine, based on how Batman started it. I have no way to say there wasn't one in it. So this version continues that tradition of having it there. Maybe I should have said 'accurate reproduction'.

·
Administrator
19,443 Posts
Maybe I should have said 'accurate reproduction'.
The first TV series car had a fake turbine. So building reproductions/tributes/customs? with an actual working turbine. Whatever. Let's just go with what you said the first time. :)

41 - 54 of 54 Posts