Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
True barn find .Just pulled out of storage of several years .Here we have the harder to find California production 1966 Mustang with the original smog equipment still intact and functioning.
This 200 CID I-6 has all the options,
When it comes to options, this car basically has them all!! Power steering, Power Brakes, Air Conditioning, 2-Speed Wiper/Washer, Seat Belts, Cruise Control, Vintage AM/FM Mono Radio, and over 30 other original factory accessories.

These are all factory parts
Cruise control
Throttle control
Rotunda engine gauge cluster
Rear window defroster
Rear speaker assembly
Reverberator sound system
Spinner wheel covers set of four
Rotunda fog lamp kit
Compass
Rotunda head rest kit black
Vanity mirror
Electric radio antenna
Rotunda fender mounted turn indicator
Spotlight
Exterior headlamp warning buzzer
Park brake light
Hazard warning assembly
Tissue dispenser
Illuminated grille medallion
Rotunda cigarette lite-lighter
Trunk compartment light
Rotunda portable utility light
Rotunda door safety locks
Rotunda license plate frames
Rotunda washer bottle with bracket
Automatic headlight dimmer
Am-Fm radio
Whinnie horn
AC unit

Such a weird car I had to have it but its overkill so I think I will be stripping it down and selling what I dont want.It gets lots of looks.Had it in a couple car shows .Lots of people have never even seen these accessories.Just a fun weird car

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
all of those sound like dealer accessories. put on at the dealership, not factory, however, they are all ford parts. sounds pretty crazy with all that gear!

if you bought it cause of it all, and then strip it down to sell, wouldn't that take the fun out of it?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Saw this thing yesterday at the Bowen scarff show, it's got everything plus the kitchen sink bolted to it.

·
Registered
36,291 Posts
True barn find .Just pulled out of storage of several years .Here we have the harder to find California production 1966 Mustang with the original smog equipment still intact and functioning.
This 200 CID I-6 has all the options,
When it comes to options, this car basically has them all!! Power steering, Power Brakes, Air Conditioning, 2-Speed Wiper/Washer, Seat Belts, Cruise Control, Vintage AM/FM Mono Radio, and over 30 other original factory accessories.

These are all factory parts
Cruise control
Throttle control
Rotunda engine gauge cluster
Rear window defroster
Rear speaker assembly
Reverberator sound system
Spinner wheel covers set of four
Rotunda fog lamp kit
Compass
Rotunda head rest kit black
Vanity mirror
Electric radio antenna
Rotunda fender mounted turn indicator
Spotlight
Exterior headlamp warning buzzer
Park brake light
Hazard warning assembly
Tissue dispenser
Illuminated grille medallion
Rotunda cigarette lite-lighter
Trunk compartment light
Rotunda portable utility light
Rotunda door safety locks
Rotunda license plate frames
Rotunda washer bottle with bracket
Automatic headlight dimmer
Am-Fm radio
Whinnie horn
AC unit

Such a weird car I had to have it but its overkill so I think I will be stripping it down and selling what I dont want.It gets lots of looks.Had it in a couple car shows .Lots of people have never even seen these accessories.Just a fun weird car
That thing looks like it was coated with sticky-tape and driven down the aisles of JC Whitney.....

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Yup, lotta that was dealer add ons.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well unfortunately I have to sell my recently acquired 1966 Mustang with rare options due to a unforseen layoff I can no longer afford to keep and restore as planned .Please check out the details in the Pacific Northwest forum under cars /parts for sale thread.Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
That thing looks like it was coated with sticky-tape and driven down the aisles of JC Whitney.....
Now that's a good one--- :roflao:---Never seen one optioned like that myself. Gotta love those rear bumper guards..:pirate:

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Geez, You'd think with all of those options he paid for, He could have paid for the optional 289 V8!!!

I agree.. The car looks like the J.C. Whitney catalog threw up all over it.... but I do have to say, that I have seen worse over the years..lol...!

Nice car. Nice find.

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Geez, You'd think with all of those options he paid for, He could have paid for the optional 289 V8!!!

I agree.. The car looks like the J.C. Whitney catalog threw up all over it.... but I do have to say, that I have seen worse over the years..lol...!

Nice car. Nice find.

:eek:)

Tony K.

.......exactly..... :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I thought smog equipment didn't rear it's ugly head until '68?

California cars had some smog stuff in '66...not sure what was there in '65 or what Mustangs produced outside of the San Jose plant had. Ford really had their hands full trying to keep up with demand, so it wouldn't surprise me if they rolled smog parts in at different times...regulations probably varied a lot state-by-state back then as well, which likely played the biggest role in implementation dates.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
"I thought smog equipment didn't rear it's ugly head until '68?"

Nope! Not in California!

I think 1966 was the first year for CA smog equipment...
I don't think that I've ever seen a '65 with them... Please correct me if I am wrong...

Tony K.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Non Cal 64 1/2 (early 65) didn't even have PCV valve. 65 and on all had PCV valve as minimum. Some will give examples of generator car (so called 64 1/2) with PCV. Yup.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
So--was that storage compartment you can see in the forth pic down at the bottom of the door an option also. Never seen those in a mustang....

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
It was a Ford "Rotunda" brand option available over the parts counter in 1963 for use in all of the car lines.

Tony K.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts