Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that (I think) I’m about 3 years away from finishing my 65 A code, I figured I would start searching for my next project, a fastback...
If this is what I’m up against, I’ll just make a fastback from a coupe. This is nuts!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hell no!

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Double Dog "Hell No"! Not worth $500

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
762 Posts
Haha wouldn’t even pay that much for a Shelby in that condition....ok yes I would but stil! But listen guys “he knows what he has”

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That car is going so fast, it's pulling a perpetual wheelie!

Reactions: LeeFred

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Thats got the hard to find parts like wipers and rusty hood hinges.

Just add a Dynacorn body for $17,500 + crate fee + shipping and start swapping parts.

No brainer!

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Trying for his money back.
It looked like it was worth $25K until they lifted the front to remove it from the barn that used to be a chicken coup.

Reactions: Israel

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
It has Car-owner-virus.

Reactions: Dave R.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Typically a decent Fastback starter project is $12.5K-$15K. And that may not be running in running condition. Of course some people find "deals" for a lot less...but there's a fair amount of luck involved in those situations.

A few weeks ago out here in CA there was a decent condition, almost rust free, running 6 cylinder Fastback on Craiglist for $12.5K.

For me, stumbling upon a CA survivor rust free 6 cylinder Fastback that had already been converted to V8 specs was the ticket. It got me into a Fastback for not much more than a running project Fastback with all the V8 upgrades done and no rust repair needed. Drove it for a year and now tearing it apart to upgrade it again to mostly 350GT-R specs. Sold a bunch of the original stock date-coded parts (that I could care less about) so my effective cost entry point is even lower. Plus it's nice not having to worry about the K / A / C Code police writing you verbal citations or telling you to keep it stock or not to convert it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts