Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway, I signed up on this site to get the word out...First off, buy local. Stay off Ebay...My bad..live and learn. second off..I bought from Crebb engineering thru Ebay….the first engine leaked like a sieve....puddled oil all over the garage. Rear main seal shot...less then 500 miles..I had the engine taken out, returned...Man, it was all my fault....Everything was my fault...Okay, im big....hit me with it...So, to shorten this up, the new engine they sent back to me has even less miles than that. I threw a rod..already!!! wow...I barely got her lubed and already it's out the door. I'm stuck with this one. Ill have to have it repaired. I may crawl under it and just to the repair myself. Complete FUBAR!! The long and short of it...I will shop local and buyer beware with these guys...they don't like being told that they put out complete garbage.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got one from them but haven't run it yet. They were recommended by the shop doing my build. Buying process and flow/ease of communication was nice but I'll report back my overall experience once I'm had some time with it.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,386 Posts
There are two people I trust to build an engine. Me and the company whose factory it came out of originally. And I'm not completely 100% even on either one of those.

Technically there are others but they charge more for an engine than my entire car is worth and so are not in consideration.

·
Banned
3,546 Posts
I bought a motor from Jerrame with Creb Engineering over 10 years ago now and had an above average buying experience. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again and I'd say his 100% positive feedback on eBay shows he's all for making the customer happy.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I agree with most here but I found 2 small shops that does excellent machine work and have done 3 motors for me including my Boss 429 motor..
LRB automotive machine in NJ and Precision motors in NY

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,386 Posts
No relevance at all, but every time I see the "Crebb" in the post title in my head I put "Maynard G. " in front of it. Something's slightly wrong with me I expect.

Reactions: Woodchuck

·
Premium Member
13,214 Posts
No relevance at all, but every time I see the "Crebb" in the post title in my head I put "Maynard G. " in front of it. Something's slightly wrong with me I expect.
How many of us here are old enough to know who Maynard G. Krebs was?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Gulp, work?!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts