Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks pretty quiet in here... does the northeast just eat up too many fragile old Mustangs? :)

I am relocating to north-central CT this summer and would be interested in connecting with any vintage Ford types there - Tolland County, more or less. Besides my family, two Great Danes and way too much household stuff, I'm bringing my 68 C-coupe, which has been delayed in the early stages of reassembly for several years - body, engine, tranny, suspension etc. are all done or acquired, just need to glue tab A into slot A a few thousand times. Some experienced help reassembling the doors would be a treat...

The Mustang will be a non-winter car, of course, but I'm also bringing a summer-only beastie, my 65 ERA 427SC. I have a few connex with fellow Cobra owners in the area but any in here are free to jump up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am over here in eastern CT I Belong to a mustang club over here. I have a 66 vert GT. Just picked up another vert a 66 original red with black pony C code . Mustangs unlimited shelby show is may 15th that should be a good time and there should be allot of mustang guys also.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
It is quiet in the northeast. There are several members in CT. I can't think of most of their names now of course. I think stang32 is in Danbury. Teebone is down near the Sound I believe, though he is in the process of moving down south. I can think of 2 or 3 others but names are escaping me right now.

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
Still in Killingworth...

Tolland County is a hop, skip and a jump from Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester. Careful with your wallet there....

-

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm here in North Central CT. And yes, Hemikiller is right about Mustangs Unlimited being too close. It's actually a double edge sword in that you can get anything you want anytime without waiting for shipping, but it's certainly a drain on the wallet!

Shawn

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we're here. Glad to make it out of California before the 100 degree weather hit... nyah, nyah.

I'm not worried about having MU so close, as I used to live a matter of blocks from Sacramento Mustang and two smaller Mustang shops. Now, of course, I'm just a short highway jaunt from where the Cobra was built, which makes the wife nervous...

Anyone want to connect up, drop me a ping here or email through my profile.

·
Registered
236 Posts
http://www.markscruisenight.com/special.html

I went down last year on Mustang night and there were about 700 cars with about 175 Mustangs. I have only gone once so far this year and there was just over 625 cars. It all depends on the days weather. I heard the last two cruises there were just over 800 cars. The field opens up at 5:00 P.M. If you get there right around 5:00 you can get something to eat and sit down and watch and listen to all the cars driving in. All of the cars come in one entrance between a whole bunch of picnic tables and bleachers. If there is a particular club being recognized that night they all park in one area otherwise vehicles are parked in the order they arrive. It is a well run and well organized cruise
It has to be with as many vehicles as there are.

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
Really have to check out Mark's one of these nights. I've always heard it was a good one.

If you guys ever want to do a VMF get together, a couple friends of mine run the cruise at BK on the Berlin Turnpike Saturday nites. If I know how many were going to attend I could see if they would save us some spots.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here Here. NorthEastern CT. I live in Canterbury CT and am looking to have my '67 Vert put back together by Spring 2012. Looking to cruise as much as possible.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I'm in southeastern CT in the Groton/New London area. '66 coupe restoration in progress. '99 Cobra is my daily driver, except during the winter when my truck fills that role.

·
Registered
34,307 Posts
Ha! I'm up here in the Peoples Republic of Vermont. Right now it's February and we're all hibernating. I've heard a rumor that summer is going to be on a Saturday this year (was on a Thursday last year); much looking forward to go cruising without snow tires.

Actually I shouldn't complain - been looking at green grass all winter, save a few small snows that have melted within a week. Don't forget about the 33rd Annual R.A.V.E. Car Show at the Vermont State Fairgrounds in Rutland, July 14-15, 2012.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts