Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
It fits where your seat belts go in the center console, so you have a choice, cup holder or belt holder.

I had to take mine apart a re-locate the blocks on the bottom as the Shelby's belt holder sits too far forward and the shifter hits it when pulled back. I only say this because with this knowledge, you can modify it in many ways.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
back in the day we just put in between out legs.
worked fine. made me drive more carefully.
then they came out with the hump hugger covers

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Someone here used a piece of pvc pipe large enough to fit a cup inside. The pipe was cut down and attached to a piece of rubber material to keep it from sliding around. When not needed, it can be put away behind a seat, in the trunk, etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use a fresh role of duck tape sitting between the seats. The sticky edge and weight of a new role keeps it from sliding around. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
They sell cup holder trays on Amazon that are stable enough to hold a drink in the passenger seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,191 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
A good looking woman makes an excellent cupholder. Makes the ride a lot better, too.
Just saying.

Haha my anniversary is coming up!
The picture was taken as we were leaving our wedding 20 years ago.

I have a Classic Industries Humphugger that I got before I found an original Aqua console. When I added the console, I took the upholstery loose on the bottom, trimmed the wood and reattached the vinyl, effectively making their "Saddle" model. I just wish the cupholders were larger. The new models have one that is bigger than the other, I use the storage space a LOT and the armrest is da bomb. I bet I've had that thing 18 years now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I do recommend the Classic Industries "Saddle" and "Humphugger" consoles with storage, armrest, and cupholders available in all the factory interior colors. When I want the original look, I just put it in the trunk. Or, you could fab and build your own!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I like the one that goes between the seat and the console. And it would be easy to stash under the seat at shows. When I got mine running again after 13 years of being parked, I found the Godzilla cup holder still there from way back when. Gave it to a Godzilla fan, since it wasn't going to work for me anymore, just didn't look right.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
back in the day we just put in between out legs.
worked fine. made me drive more carefully.
then they came out with the hump hugger covers
I got rear ended with a fresh mega-cup of coffee between my legs. I flew out of the car dancing and cursing - burned the crap out of my boys. The poor kid that hit me screamed "please don't hit me". I hadn't even seen him standing here yet.

Think twice about coffee between the legs ;o)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do recommend the Classic Industries "Saddle" and "Humphugger" consoles with storage, armrest, and cupholders available in all the factory interior colors. When I want the original look, I just put it in the trunk. Or, you could fab and build your own!
I have a factory console so it doesn't look like either of those will work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cup holders are an American thing. European cars up until the 90's didn't have cup holders. Cars were made to drive on the Autobahn at speed with no time to have a cup in your hand. If your driving you should be paying attention and have the ability to have both hands on the wheel when needed.

I would suggest no eating or drinking inside any car while driving not only for safety but cleanliness. I am constantly have to clean crumbs and such from my wife's car. It's a pain...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd say all the options that have been listed so far are good, but if you want to go with a more DIY option, just find a big PVC pipe that can fit your cup. then find some way to attach it to the seat or where you want it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts