Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an original owner's manual from eBay and have a question. It has a four digit number written on the back cover, could this be the last four numbers of the VIN#? There was another one on eBay with the numbers written on the front. Just wondering what it might be. I don't recall any numbers written on my other owner's manuals for my 69's, that is if I haven't lost my memory.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Mike I checked my manual out, which is original to my car. The only number on the back is Form No. 7833-69. This is not my VIN. There are no numbers on the front. On the inside front cover is: First Printing, July, 1968.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, I never thought of the key code as a possibility. The numbers on mine are written on the back of the cover in ink, so I don't think it is a form number. Mine also is a July 68 print date.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Most likely an inventory, order or customer number for the dealership. These were not placed in the car at the factory instead (like other pieces were somethign the dealerships provided

1 - 5 of 5 Posts