Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was never a fan of most of the export/tower braces on the market, especially the ones with the monte carlo that has the loop around the disrtibutor, so I had a friend of mine make them. I wanted it so I'll have no issues with the distributor nor clearance with the air cleaner and still looks right. I cannot be more happy with the way they turned out .
The work was done by my buddy Al at AVS fabricators. Who knows, maybe will have to think about mass productions.

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
I'd buy one! And not for a dollar

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Looks great…I wish I had a friend named Al that could build me one.
Will the stock style shock support (whatever that tent shaped thing is called that sits on top of the shock towers) fit in your piece?

·
Spammer Hammer
9,548 Posts
Nice looking brace. Beautiful welds. Hard to tell in that third photo, does the firewall brace where the two tubes attach interface the firewall? It looks like the surface where those two tubes attach is free in space.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Very nice work!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great…I wish I had a friend named Al that could build me one.
Will the stock style shock support (whatever that tent shaped thing is called that sits on top of the shock towers) fit in your piece?
This brace will not, it was specifically designed to fit the top of the TCP "tent shaped thing" shock bracket. We had discussed that and he did say he could change the export bracket to fit the original style shock mount.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice looking brace. Beautiful welds. Hard to tell in that third photo, does the firewall brace where the two tubes attach interface the firewall? It looks like the surface where those two tubes attach is free in space.
Patrick,
No it does not, it is welded to a bracket that bolts on like the original export brace. The part has been taken off and on several times and it was easy-peasy to remove the whole assembly.

·
6,969 Posts
Yeah it does look great.

The problem with mass producing would be trying to sell them at a profit. There's a lot of manhours in that piece. What would you need $400 each?

Phil

·
Spammer Hammer
9,548 Posts
Patrick,
No it does not, it is welded to a bracket that bolts on like the original export brace. The part has been taken off and on several times and it was easy-peasy to remove the whole assembly.
Any concerns with that angled bracket flexing as the shock towers try to push in or is it gusseted underneath where we can't see?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
So is that the air filter you'll be using, or just a spark arrester?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys.
Blue blood, that's just a carb cover. Haven't decided on air cleaner yet, but it will definitely look a lot better than that cover.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts