Standard Coil-Overs
Currie 9 inch rear end & 350 grears
Rear Tire: 275 / 40 ZR 17 – BF Goodrich Sports
Rear Wheels: 8 inch GT-500

-J

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Can you provide some details as to the wheels used on the front? Specifically, backspacing. I have the TCI rear kit installed on my 68 and am preparing to do the front kit (already have the kit) but I have been a little disappointed in the lack of guidance from TCI on wheel dimension recommendations. I even emailed customer support and never heard back anything. Since I had to custom order wheels for the rear (did mini-tubs at the same time as install), and it took almost 4 months to get the wheels, I want to get the wheels for the front on order. Love the quality in the kit though.

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you provide some details as to the wheels used on the front? Specifically, backspacing. I have the TCI rear kit installed on my 68 and am preparing to do the front kit (already have the kit) but I have been a little disappointed in the lack of guidance from TCI on wheel dimension recommendations. I even emailed customer support and never heard back anything. Since I had to custom order wheels for the rear (did mini-tubs at the same time as install), and it took almost 4 months to get the wheels, I want to get the wheels for the front on order. Love the quality in the kit though.
He ran 7, & 8's respectively. 4.5" backspace front and back. Not pushing the envelope by any means.

If you have dropped spindles you can fit 8" wheels with 4.75" backspace. If you have stock spindles you can run 8.5" wheels with the same backspace.

I added this info to our FAQ thread for anyone else seeking it.

-J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts