Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some fender emblems for the 67 but the pins don't match up. Should I cut the pins off and glue them on or should I drill some new holes? The pins are close but not close enough, I don’t' think I can bend them with out braking. If I were to glue them on what should I use? I was thinking of Weather strip adhesive of some Clear silicon adhesive. What would you do?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I guess my answer would depend on the fender, the emblem, and what your intentions were.

Original Ford Fender?
NOS or Original Emblem?
What type of car are you putting it on?

Concourse / show - buy an NOS emblem or find one that fits the holes and avoid glue or drilling if possible.

Daily Driver - Drill the holes so it stays put.

Weekend Warrior - If it's Original Ford Fender - Find the thin double sided tape used to stick late model emblems on cars so you don't have to drill on an original fender and you could go concourse or NOS emblem later. If it's a repro fender, drill away....

Just my $.00002

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
If you don't mind never being able to get them off without some serious effort, get automotive grade two sided tape. It's very strong stuff.

·
Vendor
5,304 Posts
Call the vendor to tell them they don't line up and send them back, perhaps they can help you got some that will fit. I purchased some Scott Drake ones for my 66 and they fit perfect...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts