Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm going, its too close to miss this one.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The track is only 9 miles from my deer camp, so I may pull a double-duty weekend. Hunt, watch race, hunt, watch race, . . .

randy

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I'm going. Here's the schedule for Sat & Sun. Do we want to go Sat or Sun?

Saturday

8:15 A.M. Drivers meeting @

15 minute Practice
8:30 A.M.-- 1st group out
Group 6
Group 7
Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4

15 minute P&Q

Group 6
Group 7
Group 1

LUNCH

Group 2
Group 3
Group 4

RACE 1 (15 minutes)

Group 6
Group 7
Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4

Sunday

7:30 A.M. Worship service @

10 minute warmup
8:00-- 1st group out
Group 6 & 3
Group 7 & 1
Group 2 & 4

RACE 2 (15 minutes)

Group 6
Group 7
Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4

LUNCH

RACE 3 (20 minutes)

Group 6
Group 7
Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yesterday (Saturday), the Member Weekend events were cancelled via email due to weather. As far as I know, the members were to "break-in" the racing line for CVAR. I am sure several will go out there this week and lay down some rubber, but for the most part, CVAR will be running their "test weekend" on a brand spanking new track-- and all of the uncertainties it brings.

I will see you guys out there on Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon.

BTW:Randy, I came up with a 67 coupe that I will be setting up for track days. I will not need to go dual-purpose in the Shelby! Woo-Hoo! Now all the pseudo-race stuff will go on to a purpose-built project. Give me two or three years...

·
Registered
648 Posts
On Friday afternoon, I was walking to my deer stand, and I heard something. It took me a couple of minutes before I realized that I was hearing race cars at the Eagles Canyon. I was about 8 miles east of the track, and the east wind made it pretty easy too hear.

That was at 1:00 pm, but the loudest racing started at 3:30. I don't remember when they quit.

On Saturday morning, I hit my deer stand at 6:30. It was 38 degrees and no precipitation. By 7:30, it was sleeting. By 9:00 it was sleet and snow. I took a break at 11:30, and it was still sleet and rain. I returned to the stand at 1:00, and it was 35 degrees with rain/sleet. About 2:00, I hear something, and it is racecars. I thought I was hardcore for hunting in that mess, but there were definitely some hardcore racers at the track. They ran for about 30 minutes, then quit.

I left the deer stand at 6:00, empty handed.

randy

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I am looking forward to it. Whose gonna help me weld the roll cage into the convertible? I think the redlines might wear out over the weekend... :p

·
Registered
395 Posts
Velcro will hold the roll bar to the carpet, and I have some studed snow tires that are supposed to be great for traction. Hope yall have a great time.

Larry

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for coming out,
Ronnie and friends(sorry forgot names already)
weather was okay?, track is really a handful
But a dandy!!!!!
Let me know when your ready for help!!

Tony

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The racing was great! CVAR is very cool!

Enjoyed meeting you Tony. I'm thinking I should offer my services as Pace car for Group 1. Doesn't seem right you guys following a MG-TC around... :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts