Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great moment. When I asked my daughter who is 2 1/2 if she would like to help me work on some mustang parts, she ran to the garage. I held the air gun and she ran it and we took the upper control arms apart so we could rebuild them. What a great day!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
My 2 daughters, ages 5 and 10, love to spend time with me in the garage and get a little grease under their nails. It's some of the most quality time that we spend together. They are still very girly girls (both are very involved in ballet, also), but they are learning to use tools, learning about shop safety, and a little about mechanics. I want my girls to be able to change a tire and know the difference between a straight and philips screwdriver (both of which they can do now). Also, there's some kind of weird satisfaction when your 10 year old daughter points out a 65 Mustang that has a 66 grill in it.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
That is sooo cool, keep it up and before you know it she will be wanting her own :: ::

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I know the feeling. My daughter was helping me sand on the mustang project. She was very helpful when she decided to jusy blow the dust off for me. It allowed me to keep sanding.

I just hope she has the desire when she gets old enough to drive. I would love to do a complete project with her. It wouldn't even have to be a mustang.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's great isn't it. My daughter's are 7 & 14. My youngest is a great tool runner and my 14 year old helps out quite often. My wife on the other hand won't have anything to do with it. :(

I just ordered a Stainless Steel Brake Corp. disk brake conversion for my daily driver 66' coupe. I can't wait to get out into the garage for that project. ::

·
Registered
306 Posts
This weekend my 3 year old daughter and I started to disassemble my 66 coupe. as I took the pieces off, she put the hardware in little labled baggies. She and I loved it. She is constatnly asking me if we can work on the mustang. BTW my daughters name is Shelby. How appropriate is that? I guess she will be getting a Shelby (at least a clone) in a few more years. If anyone is interersted in a picture My new mustang site . I wanted to add this to my sig, but Geocities does not allow linking. All in all it was a great day for both of us

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hey, your daughter wasn't pointing at MY car was she?? Hehe, wonder how much confusion it has caused for someone trying to ID. ::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts