Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my dad had a 67 mustang coupe in primer and decent shape. I had a 95 GT convertible that was totalled. I bought it from insurance company and gave it to my dad in 2008. He started to do the swap from 289, 3spd manual to the 95 EFI 5.0, T-5, 5spd. He died in 2012 and I just bought the 67 from his widow. Im excited to finish the project. The 67 now has 4 wheel disks, the 17inch wheels and tires, a Saleen rear end. The 5.0 and t-5 are in the 67. Basically all i need is to do is electric fuel pump conversion, throttle cable and clutch cable installation hook up the painless wiring harness and 95 computer. Then figure out if he cammed it. Its got shorty headers and new mallory distributer. He changed timing cover and ware pump, so I also got to figure out a serpentine setup. I am a retail meat cutter by trade, so any info on getting this maybe restomod up and running would be greatly appreciated and possibly needed. Thanks!!

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,490 Posts
Welcome to VMF. Good luck with your project. Any pics of your 67 Coupe?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im good, putting clutch in now, he had the tranny in but no clutch, not sure why. Musta been mocking things up. I dont know how to upload pictures on this website. Im in Colorado Springs BTW

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
Welcome to VMF ! Glad you are carrying on your Dad's project.
When you reply, click on the paperclip icon to attach photos and files, the chain icon to attach a link to another page, the smile icon to add emojis, etc. We're all experimenting with this site now, as it just changed drastically.

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
Some cool custom tail lights there....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, i think theyre kinda cheesy actually. Dad bought the car with that taillight assembly. He wanted to go back to stock. The clutch n tranny are in. Now for clutch cable, throttle cable and fuel pump and lines, im figuring it out slowly haha

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Welcome to the (new) VMF don't forget to put some type of cowl bracing back on before you drive it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definately dont wanna tear shock towers up, I've seen a few different set ups. I have the stock brace but it doesnt clear now with efi plentum, thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,779 Posts
Welcome!

We have a Build Section for projects like this,....I’d like to follow the progress.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I used a Lokar pedal and their 95 specific throttle cable. Export brace fits if the driveline angle is correct.
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
IMAG0037.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks sick. The tail lights made me laugh out loud. That’s gotta be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. Maybe it was just the timing. Good luck with your build! Really cool that your finishing your dads project.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts