Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got back from a carshow today (sorry no pics, but there were a few nice cars) and my dad tells me that maybe 5 miles out of town is HIS mustang. Some of Yall might remember that I came here in search of his car. The owner swears that it was never my dads car, but my dad is very sure. The story goes, My dad sold his 68 sunlit gold ( w/ a black hard top ) coupe, he traded it in to be honest with you for a 1990 ford aerostar. well my dad had to drive maybe 10 miles out of town, because he didn't want to see someone else driving it. Turns out some guy 4-5 blocks away buys it. My dad can't bealive it, every day he has to drive past it on the way to work. Maybe a month later the guy paints it white w/ blue flames, and maybe a year later the guy moves. Anywho my uncle who knows the guy that bought it says he took out the 289 and dropped in a 351, This fried the trannie & rear end. so he rebuilt the trannie and rear end and put the 289 back in. Cars probably not for sale, but how cool would it be to get my dads car back to the way it was in the good old days. It would be quite the gift if you ask me.
The guy that has it though will swear that my dad has never toutched the car, but im thinking about going and checking the vin number, that would let us know real quick. and who knows I do have that old set of keys....
Thanks for reading
BEEBZ

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thats a very cool story :).... my dad had to sell his 70buick gs.. was his baby.. my mom made him sell it.. but now that they are divorced he wants it back... but he cant seem to find it... the guy who he sold it to doesnt remember who he sold it to.... but before the GS he had a Ford Truck... he did ton of work on... just got done paying it off and everything.. was stolen... but good luck on the car.. it will be an awsome gift :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts