Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have had it for about 5 years now. It had depreciated about as much as it could when I got it. I paid the equivalent of about $800 for it. It was a 1 owner car with about 115,000 miles and the engine runs like new. It has been pampered all its life and looks really smart. I think the E39 BMW's have aged really well and still look quite modern today. With the rear seats folded down, I can get loads of stuff in the back. In the 5 years I have had it, I have just had to do regular servicing and it needed new anti-roll bar drop links all round which was cheap to buy and I fitted them.
Agree that the E39 has aged very well. Don’t think most folks appreciate a nice wagon. Car handling with extra cargo room. What’s not to love. A lovely car.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I guess my work-provided Tahoe could be considered a DD. I would not have one for a POV after experiencing all the problems we consistently have with them. Problems with the previous work 2013 Tahoe, my brother's GMC Acadia, my father's Silverado and other GM issues that were compounded by shady dealership service departments made the decision to buy a 2018 Expedition even easier. We love it. GM has to get their act together before I will ever consider personally owning one of their products again. My agency is excellent and provides us with the best we can afford for aftermarket equipment. My office on wheels is a busy place...

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
2000 BMW Z3 roadster with an auto. I like it, can park it anywhere and cut through traffic with ease, but the top doesn't seal well and I'm starting to want something with an actual roof, four doors and a stick. Undecided at this point on what to get, but have narrowed it down to Focus ST, Civic Si, a lowish mile Crown Vic/G8 GT.........or an older explorer with a stick.......OK I haven't narrowed it down.

·
Registered
20,323 Posts

Actually just started driving my wife's old 08 Escape 162K. I was driving my 2014 F150 crew cab but after 2 deer hits and putting more miles on it then I'd like, at 102K now I want to keep the miles down.

·
Registered
20,323 Posts
View attachment 744060

Actually just started driving my wife's old 08 Escape 162K. I was driving my 2014 F150 crew cab but after 2 deer hits and putting more miles on it then I'd like, at 102K now I want to keep the miles down.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My old girl still pulls us around the country on occasion. Last few years we've done Yellowstone, Jackson, Carlsbad Caverns, San Antonio, New Orleans, Nashville, Louisville, and many places in between.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts