Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have the Dakota Digital setup. I have the VHX system. I have an electric fan and wish to know when it turns on and off. I have been connecting the wire output from the 2800BT module low fan output to the brake light on the console. Works well. But I’m tired of the alert on the digital section coming on with the light saying brake warning. So I bought some LED indicator lights and attached the fan wire to the positive and grounded the light. What has happened is that the light is on all the time, even with the car turned off.

I‘m not sure how to hook this light up. Have any of you attached an indicator light successfully and how did you wire it?

Thank you

Allen

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out. Sort of. The Dakota Digital works on a ground trigger. The wire I was attaching to (that I used to turn on the brake warning light as the indicator that the fan was on) is always hot since the trigger is on the ground side. Hence my indicator light always being on. I solved the problem by running a wire out to the relay and attaching it to the fan positive wire. Works as desired now.

Allen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts