Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Dalorzof (R.I.P) Convertible top bible.

2978 Views 28 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  jonk67
Hi.
New member here.
I am at the final straight of a long 67 Convertible restoration and all that remains is the convertible top. I have completely disassembled the frame, powder coated it and fitted new bushings etc and am now in the final throws of adjusting it as best as possible before fitting the top.

I have google searched for some information on these convertible tops and the aforementioned gentlemans name regularly appears. Unfortunately I see he is sadly no longer with us. It's rather ironic that I actually know one of his friends in Brisbane but never got to speak with Richard himself.

However, I understand that he wrote quite a massively in depth guide to the convertible tops and graciously made it available to any that required it.

So I respectfully ask that if anyone should have a copy on file would they please forward me a copy. It may be able to get me out of a sticky situation and I'd truly appreciate it.

If a donation to a cancer fund is required I'd be more than willing having lost my late wife to that terrible disease.

Thank you.
Reactions: OneTireFire
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,135 Posts
If anyone is interested, PM me with your email and I will send..

Josep

· Premium Member
790 Posts
If anyone is interested, PM me with your email and I will send..

Josep
Josep, I sent you a PM with my email address

· Registered
1,135 Posts
All requests received till now have been answered with the .pdf file.
Happy to help my friends.!

Josep

Reactions: 65-GT

· Registered
3,515 Posts
I would like a copy.
I did not know about the convertible top bible that he wrote, and I did not know Richard. I did converse and have several PM's with him years back when I was asking about 68 Bullit cars/builds. He was a great resource and extremely knowledgeable. Extremely friendly and very helpful. RIP Dalorzof. Enjoy the great gig in the sky. Know you are still missed many years later, and your knowledge is still teaching us today!

· Registered
‘69 Cougar convertible resto mod
387 Posts
Hi Josep. I sent you a PM via the site with a request.

Thanks
Todd

· Registered
969 Posts
Can we get this document sent to an Admin so it can be posted as a sticky? I don't have a convertible but would like to eventually acquire one and think this info would be better served as a resource for all.
@GypsyR
@patrickstapler

Reactions: Caper50

· Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
23,543 Posts
As far as I know we don't have file hosting capability on this forum. But if someone will host and share it out, the more people that have a copy then the more likely it will be found by the needy at a later date. Me, I have a folders full of useful documents I have downloaded onto my computer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts