Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Dan Williams Toploaders

4321 Views 16 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  sheza65
Dan Williams Toploaders has been in business for over 40 years. Dan is the only employee and does all the work himself. Dan built his 5000th toploader a couple nights ago. I was gonna post this and forgot. I just got off the fone to Dan and I think he is going for 6000 now. I'll have to buy Dan a pile of that great banana pudding to celebrate from the Asian restaurant next time I'm in Franklin.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,010 Posts
When I was buying parts from him he said he was almost to the 5000th, glad he made it. When I saw the title and saw the poster I was concerned you were going to say he had had passed away or went under. When I was rebuilding my transmission Dan was complaining about how Covid crap had made it very hard to get parts and how he had a pile of transmissions to rebuild but not enough parts to do it.

Reactions: HoustonGlock

· Premium Member
10,006 Posts
I can only hope he's training someone for the day he decides he's had enough..
I have no experience with him, but, from what I've read, he's one of a few good 'ole guys who knows his business and his following knows too.

Reactions: rpm

· Premium Member
1965 Mustang GT. 11.898 @ 113.646, all motor, three pedals
2,764 Posts
Does he have a (functional) website or does he do all his business over the phone? I need some parts… do I need to budget an hour (or more?) for a phone call?

· Registered
2,010 Posts
Does he have a (functional) website or does he do all his business over the phone? I need some parts… do I need to budget an hour (or more?) for a phone call?
His website seems to on and off line. If you call him he'll send you a ton of info snail mail for free. He wouldn't sell me any falcon toploader stuff until I had his packet of info so I could be sure I had a falcon transmission. I've owned falcon by transmissions before so I knew I had the right tail housing but he insisted.

· Registered
1,678 Posts
I shipped my top loader to Dan years ago, glad to be a part of the 5k. He hooked me up with a new case, correct tail shaft housing and fixed my sticky reverse issue. It's nice to fly through the gears with confidence. I bet he'd have made it to 6k by now if he spent less time on the phone. 😄 It was always a pleasure to talk to him and hear his stories though.

· Registered
1,477 Posts
He is quite the character to talk to and seems like a really nice guy. Good ole boy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts