Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
lemondrop can fix it........ ;) ;)........poor car. He doesn't even have a title, and the bid is over 3 grand, reserve not met. Damn you Barrett-Jackson!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Didn't the S-code 390s come with a 9" rear end?????

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Which of you brave souls could see themselves taking on this project.

I'm not talking technical ability, I'm talking whether you can really be stuffed doing it ..considering you can do 2 or 3 other "normal" garage finds in the same time.

I'd say either you're a naive and eager first timer or you've already got it sold for 50 gorilla's as an e-car.

I can see myself losing interest real quick as the light at the end of the tunnel is that far away you need a hubble telescope to try to find the motivation.
After all, this hobby is "FUN" right? YES? NO?

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
None of you guys have apparently seen what a Notheast rust bucket looks like. If it was from CT, the quarters would be rotted halfway up the wheel arch, the taillight panel would be swiss cheese and the frame rails would be poking up through the rotted out trunk floors...

That car is solid compared to what I have seen get restored. Heck, the quarters look pretty solid, the trunk floors look okay. It needs a cowl, floors and the dash fixed. That's not bad. I'm sure there's more, but considering what 67-8's are bringing, it's worth the trouble...

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
you didn't catch the pictures of my latest project did you. Although that dash in the car is trashed. That actually makes my porject look pretty easy. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Looks like it suffered what my 64.5 did , sitting around under a tree .
Classic symptoms of that are a very badly rusted cowl and the front floor rotted to hell .

It can be fixed , Im not up to another mess right now since Im 3 years into mine and the tunnel light just popped on :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
That one IS a RUSTANG! :(
http://webpages.charter.net/tjfastback66/Picture%20005%20RS2.jpg

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Hey now, that's a VMF members car. He listed it in the sale section and ran it on e-bay a few weeks ago with no luck. He was wanting a pretty penny for it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey, who has been taking pics of my car....oh, nevermind it's an "S" code!! Also, there is a lot more of it left than mine. I may be one of those first timer nieve (not sure of spelling) guys that will burn out before I get it done, but I am giving it a whirl.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
That car is a joke. The owner who wants that much for it is a joke. The idiot that is willing to pay that much for it is a joke.

Funny, Im not laughing.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Gotta love those rear shackles. Oh yea, I see it's from Tennessee. :rofl:

·
Registered
335 Posts
my dad could fix it, we have done worse than that
Ala -Fast Times at Ridgemont High --My dadcan fix it. He's a TV repair man. He's got a bitchin set of tools. :joker:

I have had to replace a lot of metal on my car, but at least I had it full of functional parts and it was driveable when I started.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Gotta love those rear shackles. Oh yea, I see it's from Tennessee. :rofl:
We've had plenty of shackled cars up here in New England... :lol:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
and the first conversation after the money is paid...

"hello Dynacorn? I'd like to put my name on the list for the mustang fastback shells??....ok thanks"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts