Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went yesturday to the local pick and pull and there were two Granadas, both were stripped of there "money makers". Darn.

I went to a junk yard near where my GF lives, and there might have been one there, but she was getting tired from carrying the tool box around and wanted to go home. Granted, she came with me to the junk yard AND was carrying the heavy toolbox in the hot 90 degree heat. I figured that I owed it to her and that we should go home. How many of you can say your SWMBO goes WILLINGLY to the junk yard with you, AND carries your tool box? Plus she got in free, they charged me a dollar /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
did she keep trying to get you look into the car crusher for her dropped earing?

she may have an alterior motive /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

It's a shame about striking out, but you'll find a set...keep looking. And if you ever give up, there is always SSBs.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
my SWMBO would not know a junkyard if she plowed into one, she thinks a junkyard is my garage!
although she doesn`t mind if I go and spend all day there!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
my wife,7yr daughter and 14 yr son go with me. usually go 1 sat and or sun every month. she fixes ice water, liquid refresments,etc.junkfood for "the trip". they are a big help actually. except my son. not into cars yet,pretty much into sitting on his butt. here they let me drive right to cars/close anyway/ . get what i need/want, load it up and look around,for next time. make a list of tools for the next trip,for my parts. i go regularly, sure dont want to lose anything.a junkyard is amiserable place on a 95-100% day, but i keep on going. later

·
Registered
188 Posts
my girlfriend went with me when i went and got a granada rear end a couple weeks ago /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
You may want to contact 'tommy2tone01'. He has a post near the top asking what his disk brake setup might be worth. You guys may be able to work something out. I'm playing "matchmaker", hehe. Now hang on to your GF!!!

I thought the granada setup would be a piece of cake to locate and spent about six months looking around and scouring the countryside....to no avail. I really lucked out finding mine the way I did. Becuase the plentiful granadas out in the countryside turned out to be mirages. Don't give up. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would rather find it locally, that way I wouldn't have to deal with a horrendous shipping charge. I will keep my eye out and hopefully something will rear its ugly head. Otherwise I will have to buy one outta state. Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts