Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the dash in. Needed to cut the left corner a bit to stop it from bulging a bit. But while working the right side I mistakenly tried to put the vin plate above the dash pad. I think the proper way was for it to be slit then showing. Well while doing what I was doing the plate broke off!!! I know its going to be a Marti request. Then on the lower dash panel, it must be crappy repro because I have it as tight as I can yet when I tighten up the bottom it pulls the upper corner out of alignment with the upper panel. I guess I will live with it for now but it takes away from the beauty! I did get the lens replaced in the instrument panel that was easier than I thought. But I will have to do it again because the blue bubbles are warped something terrible. Maybe I will save up for a NOS instrument bezel and do it at the same time. That or send my old fomoco stuff out for refinishing. How much does that cost? Ok well I am on a break have to install the upper trim to windshield pieces and finish off replacing the drivers vent cable. Biggest fight was with the new speaker. I had to get the grinder out to make it fit correctly and install the connections before hooking it up to the defroster mounts. (wasted 25 minutes fighting with speaker connections) I still say that 68 Dash looks soo much better than the others I guess I am just biased. Makes me want to go to a drive-in!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If its any consolation, your story sounds like what everyone goes through when replacing a dash pad. Those that don't have any problems have been there, done that!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts