Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago after getting my 67 back into a driveable condition I was at my nephew's until after dark on the way home I noticed no dash lights after repeated twisting of the headlight switch knob I finally got the dash lights to come on but they were very dim to the point nothing is visible on gauges or speedo. Is it possible to clean the switch& improve the lights brightness ? Replace it & have better lighting on the dash? Any one have a possible solution? This issue was in the lights when I first drove the car home when I got it & tried the switch knob to no avail but I had forgotten about it as I've been doing other things to the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 68 was doing the same thing. Would come on sometimes others not at all. Gauge lights were dim when they were on

A trip to the local Napa $35 ish later for a new headlight switch and all is good
GC

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
950 Posts
If twisting it counter clockwise doesnt light it up any further then a new light switch is in order. I would also recommend LED bulbs in the cluster. I did that to my stock cluster gauge so its a lot brighter then before.

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
I've heard switching (haha) to a 69 headlight switch and certainly using LEDs make all the difference in the integrity of the switch and visibility inside. Here's my 66 dash for comparison.
20180921_230257.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts