Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all for posting pictures of the color my Aqua dash pad should look like , 1965 (deluxe interior,code F7) I was wondering if anyone had a brand and part number for the color I need.I called Accumatch, and their classic car guy told me none of his products was exactly the right color,and we know Rainbow is iffy.I'd like a Sems product,any ideas? thanks!!!

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Most of what NPD sells is a Sems product. There are some that maybe Seymour brand but they are as good as Sems. Their aerosols are good! Rainbow is the pits!
When lacquer was still avail., in Fl. had a 65 cvt that had aqua appointments. Coincidentally, a buddy came by in a new Ford Pu. It was the exact shade that I needed. Got a pint, added a flex additive, prepped surface and shot it. Came out perfect. The paint store added a bit of flattener.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a can of Accumatch L-5752 paint, perfect match to my original aqua color.I'll use this on my trim pieces, just ordered the matching dye,V-5752. Now if I can just figure out why my tail lights stay on all the time,I'll be ready for the Spring Rod Run in Pigeon Forge,Tn.This is a must attend event at least once for every classic car nut out there!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts