Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can someone whose replaced a dash pad check out EHay Item 2427234057 and let me know if the seller is correct when he says.

" As you can see from the pic, there is a small area on either side that is started to buckle or is a bit wavy, this can be fixed once installed. All you have to do is put a heat gun to it and smooth it out. "

I never have replaced one so I don't know how they show up uninstalled. Is this the norm (kinda like seat uphostry) where you heat it to take wrinkles out, Or is this just someone trying to get rid of something that wont work... Thanks In advance.

MM

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I bought mine new, but it was straight prior to the install. I can tell you that installation is not likely to straighten out those wrinkles.

I dunno about a heat gun (I thought it was the sun that usually made it wavy ::). On the other hand, for $24 it might be worth a try . . .

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Heat is typically what causes the warping! ;) If a heat gun were hot enough to remove those waves, it would probably smooth out the texture at the same time. If it were me, I don't think I'd gamble...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts