Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all and Happy New Year!

I am currently working on some small restores of my 69 Mustang and had a question regarding Dash Pads.

I am working to restore back to stock. Luckily the car has been in the family since 72 so i have been able to reference the family for some questions but i am currently in a situation where nobody remembers original colors.

The car is the original color which is light blue. I believe the actual color name is Ford Blue (I think) with a black hard top.
I currently have a black Dash Pad installed, but wanted to put the proper color in which i believe is light blue or dark blue. Does anyone know a way to determine what the actual color of the original dash was? If so, any help you have to offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, I am looking for the vent covers for the defrost on the dash as well. I have looked everywhere and am unable to find them. I have checked CJ Pony Parts, Mustangs Unlimited and Virginia Classic Mustang. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
If the interior is blue, the dash is most likely a dark blue, as dash pads normally are done in a darker color to be easier on the eyes with sunlight glare.

·
Registered
755 Posts
FYI: I don't think defrost vent covers were ever a factory part or option. I've never seen any offered for sale or a reason why you would need them. If you are afraid something will fall in the vents, you can pull the pad and put some screening in there. You'll probably have to fabricate something yourself.

Spliffy

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Both of the above are pretty much correct. My turquoise 66 had the 2 tone upholstery (turquoise with dark blue insets) and a dark blue dash pad. You can see it in the "Build" forum under "66 bucket coupe".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts