Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new dash pad and I'm curious as to the location of the mounting points. I have the two bolts through the center hole as well as the retainer brackets and long screws that go along the inside of the windshield. There are also a few clips similar to the door panel clips. I have no idea where they go... My old dash pad also had about a dozen small screws that go in from the top side of the dash pad into the metal. I didn't get those screws with the new kit so I"m wondering if they were added at some point to secure the old pad? There are holes in the sheet metal for them but if I secure the window side bracket and screws I don't think I will actually need them. Ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found my own answer... I'm missing the chrome pieces that go over the gauges and glove box. That's where the 8 small screws should go (which I didn't receive in my kit)!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You've got 2 clips (the door panel screws you mentioned) and 2 screws each in the stainless trim that goes over the gauge cluster and glove box.

There are 2 studs on the dashpad that go through the holes above the radio and are held with nuts behind the dash. You can access them through the speaker hole in the top of the dash.

Finally, there are the +/- 7 screws that hold the dashpad trim molding in place at the base of the windshield.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have the stainless trim for the dash side :p. I'll figure something out. There were just short wide head screws in there before :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts