Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out all the visible screws. Above the instrument panel and glove box, on the metal strip below the window, and the 2 screws on the heater vent. It still wont budge. Its as if someone glued it on there.

Now I don't want to ruin it taking it off, its just in my way and I want to remove it temporarily.

Any suggestions? Any thing I missed? It seems to be most stubborn above the stereo. I have the sides loose.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There are two screws above the radio as well as one screw on each side of it. Did you get them all?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... I didn't realize there were those 2 end pieces with the plates and screws. When I took off the pad I must have just ripped them off /forums/images/icons/blush.gif I hope it looks alright when I put it back on.

On top of that... My mission, which was to cut a hole in the dash for the cd player has failed. Pretty depressing day. I still have everything apart. I will probably put the old take deck back in tomorrow.

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Don't cut a hole in the dash! A better approach is to buy a Kenwood, JVC or Autosound am/fm cassette with CD stacker in the trunk. These are perfect fit to the original cutout. This way you won't destroy the value of your car while getting the sounds you want. The cost of cutting the hole in the dash in terms of resale value is probably a loss of somewhere between $1,000-$2,000.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately in my case, the dash has already been modified to fit a Kenwood KRC-1007 am/fm cassette.

As far as resale... I cant imagine ever getting rid of this car, unless I am forced to sell.

Anyhow, tape deck is going back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts