Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Sure I get the convert painted and she tells me I want it. Never can sell it. Do any of your kids do this to you.

Troy
Very nice, I like the car and the color.

All my children are grown and gone, they all love my car but surly know they don't get it, it's mine, if they want one I would gladly help them build there own but this one is mine.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes I have the same thing happen here. The wife claims one the kids claim the rest. Bicker back and forth over who gets which one jokingly. I suggested selling one a few times when money gets tight and the family always nixes that quickly. Guess I have their support and interest in the Mustangs so thats something to be proud of.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Nice car! Looks like you never will be able to sell it.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Convertible mustang

Nice car! Looks like you never will be able to sell it.

I have spent over $45K to make a car that ford did not.

All California Special items, 1 of 500 ford tripower, 347 stroker, deluxe black interior, auto, new 17 inch 10 spoke and tires. After 15 years the only thing left is the stereo system. The red is a Toyota color with 2000 extra metal flake. The painter called me and said the paint shop had a gallon of paint someone refused, do to the $1000 Price for it. They was so mad at the guy they offered it to me for $150.00 well of course I said yes.

Long process but worth it.

Troy

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I have one daughter 29, and the other one just about ready to turn 12. You should hear them two go at it when it comes to who gets Dad's Mustang when he's gone. I have it setup that the oldest one gets it first, but if she ever decides to get rid of it, she has to offer it to her youngest sister at no charge. :)

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daughter gets it

I have one daughter 29, and the other one just about ready to turn 12. You should hear them two go at it when it comes to who gets Dad's Mustang when he's gone. I have it setup that the oldest one gets it first, but if she ever decides to get rid of it, she has to offer it to her youngest sister at no charge. :)
And you need 2

My 20 year old wanted the Shelby also but I think it is too much for her with the 427 side oiler and $$$. I told here most likely I will sell it.

Currently putting her through college on dad's dime. OUCH! I here a sucking sound from my wallet.

Troy

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
My 9-year old step daughter turned to me yesterday and asked if I will "teach her how to build cars." We shall see if it is a passing fancy or not. But I went up in my office and grabbed a Revell GT-350R model I have never put together. I gave it to her and said "this was where I started. It's all the same parts just smaller." And told her we could put it together as a project. She seemed super excited. Would be nice if it stuck, her mom has less than zero interest in anything that goes on in the garage. She also likes to come out in the garage and pick up tools and ask me what they all do. I offered to teach her to weld but I think she is still too scared off all the sparks etc...

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice she wants to get involved. So did mine at that age. I would put her behind the wheel as if she could drive. Once I was working in front and she honked . I could not unhook the horn fast enough. LOL. I would let her hand me tools.

At age 6 I was taking her to the park to play. Had the top down. Was in the turn lane and a trucker yelled out hey nice car. My kid stood up in the passenger seat and yelled back It's NOT FOR SALE. Darn kid anyway.

Now 20 and off at college. Boy does time fly.

Troy

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
My 9 year old grandson tells everyone that he intends to drive my 65 to his junior prom....righttttttttt

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice. I might try the car model route for them. Sounds like a good idea. I have 5-6 that are mostly done in a box. Maybe that will spark some interest.

Very nice she wants to get involved. So did mine at that age. I would put her behind the wheel as if she could drive. Once I was working in front and she honked . I could not unhook the horn fast enough. LOL. I would let her hand me tools.

At age 6 I was taking her to the park to play. Had the top down. Was in the turn lane and a trucker yelled out hey nice car. My kid stood up in the passenger seat and yelled back It's NOT FOR SALE. Darn kid anyway.

Now 20 and off at college. Boy does time fly.

Troy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts