·
Registered
3,455 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monster show guys!!

If you’re at all close by, this is a show worth making.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm texting the wife right now to make plans. This show falls the weekend of my 30th birthday and I've been debating what I want to do. We live about an hour north of Jacksonville, so this is definitely doable.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm texting the wife right now to make plans. This show falls the weekend of my 30th birthday and I've been debating what I want to do. We live about an hour north of Jacksonville, so this is definitely doable.

You should come on down - as I recall, there was a BBQ place in an old gas station that had the best burnt ends - bring some of those too!

I was up there for a wedding, so my memory could be defective due to adult cool beverages?

·
Registered
249 Posts
You should come on down - as I recall, there was a BBQ place in an old gas station that had the best burnt ends - bring some of those too!

I was up there for a wedding, so my memory could be defective due to adult cool beverages?
Southern Soul. :cheers:

I've got the green light from the wife. Now I'm just trying to decide between the fishing trip I had been planning, or the car show. Of course, I'm close enough that I could always do both if I don't stay overnight in Daytona and just make it a day trip.

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Israel,

Can’t make it this year, but wife and I discussed maybe next year since our son will be goin to school in Melbourne. How is the swap meet there? The Moultrie swap meet was mostly over priced or junk last time I went.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'll be there the first day in the morning, and the last day. Unfortunately because of Thanksgiving plans, i won't be able to dedicate more time to going. But since I live in Daytona, if any VMF'ers want to meet up and see the car let me know!

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Israel,

Can’t make it this year, but wife and I discussed maybe next year since our son will be goin to school in Melbourne. How is the swap meet there? The Moultrie swap meet was mostly over priced or junk last time I went.
Lots of stuff there, mostly overpriced, but it’s available.

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The weather earlier in the week wasn’t looking good, but thunderstorms aren’t forecast for Saturday anymore.

Daytona Beach weather looks good!

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weather was great
Attendance was down, both cars and spectators
John Deere tractor fan are still there
Vintage engines are still on display
Fairground food always smells Awesome
Motorized scooter rentals are up
Pretty much the same cars