Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a dead AM radio for a 65 or 66? I could use it. I could either use the whole radio or even just the buttons (I'm not exactly sure how to remove/replace them, but I need a set.)

If you want to give your dead radio a chance at new life, please let me know. I plan to use it to fill the hole and use it to power a separate stereo.

Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have no idea if it's dead but I have a 66 radio I'm not going to put back in the car we are building. The car was in pieces when we got it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As an aside, IF anyone has an Early Mustang/Falcon/Fairlane etc '60's A.M. OEM or 8-Track/A.M. they"d like Going/Repairing they can still PM me & ship it down under Dads Sadly know longer with us, but 1 of the Apprentices he Trained up, Can Still do, IF Tuning or Pot (Vol CNTRL) Shafts are Broken, 1/2' shafts split and/or Switch's broken: best source reply on Feebay & incl ( Dad had Largest Factory Backed Independent Car Radio/installation & repair as well as Factories in the Southern hemisphere since early 1950's (among other concerns).
IF you get Stuck : nothing like a good 8-track & got exchange $ rate working in your Favor.
Cheers.
HRTrev
rps20191223_055841.jpg

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
If you still need one let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
I like your Shop Cat there, @highrevtrev . Sorry to hear Dad passed. Glad to know his art is still apprenticed and appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like your Shop Cat there, @highrevtrev . Sorry to hear Dad passed. Glad to know his art is still apprenticed and appreciated.
Thankyou, that was very kind of you & good Sentiment, on more than 1 front: he was a visionary & should've been chrome plated - the Endless knowledge he took with him & was lucky to be brought up on the Fledgling Muscle & Pony Car Scene,Spending more Hr's at Work than School:1st Knowledge a NEW Model Out when Picked up from School in it-to head back to Shop (Wish I could take 1/2 you back for a Day : Like it really Was -" those were the days "...
PS Buick Says Hi !.
(y)
Miss My DaD: Hrt.A. 1 hr me hm ex Hosp.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Buick the Cat ! I love it.
My buddy Carl has a dog named Tucker (like the visionary's car).
My Dad has a dog named Scout (after the ultra-tough International Harvester REAL sport utility / work vehicle).
Another buddy of mine has a son named Chase and a daughter named Shelby... I'll let you do the math on those.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Buick the Cat ! I love it.
My buddy Carl has a dog named Tucker (like the visionary's car).
My Dad has a dog named Scout (after the ultra-tough International Harvester REAL sport utility / work vehicle).
Another buddy of mine has a son named Chase and a daughter named Shelby... I'll let you do the math on those.
He he, I like it !...& your Buddy took Shelby Down to the Dealer to buy a GT OH !?
Mr John-Lee Hooker: " Mustang Sally Bought a GTO" (Go have a Listen & Watch The video) - You may like Tony-Joe Whites: I get off on it , while you're at it..
(Broadcaster too from way back...:cool::cool:

Can't beat those IHC Scouts with the L6 OR V304 (y)

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Grandfather bought a green 73 with 304 new and Dad bought a stone 75 with the 196-4 and swapped it for the brute 345.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts