Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Deal of someones life!

949 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Alydar 
#1 ·
The local weekly trader came out today and in it was an ad for a 1964 Corvette in mint condition for $2500.00 It said divorce forces sale. I called as soon as I read this and they lady told me I was the 40th caller in 45 minutes. The first caller got the car. It was a legit deal. I guess a couple had split up and this firm was selling off assets to cover the settlement or expenses. I have my 1966 Corvette for sale but its hard to compete with those prices! If anyone is interested in a nice Vette contact me or check it out on Cars on line.

#5 ·
I was talking to a friend last week who lives about three miles from me. His wife was telling me that the neighbor across the street from them has a 63 corvette sitting in his garage sideways. He is the original owner of the car. Years ago he was out with his wife somewhere driving and backed into a telephone pole. He scraped the side of the car. his wife passed away soon after that had happened and he never drove the car since. It is still in his garage in the same spot where is has been for the past 35 years and it hasn't been moved an inch.

#7 ·
Me thinks Bishirs new computer came in !!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you think Midlife???????
Alydar has only been around for 4 day's 15 post how conveniant.
I smell a Bishir!

#8 ·
We moved to our house in 1989. One of the first things we noticed was the 56 vette in the neighbors garage. Covered with boxes and cans. Other neighbors said it had been there at least the prevoius ten years.
We asked about it then and he gave the standard "some day that car will shine." Ya right!

This spring the old lady living there died and the son, who owned the car was kicked out of the house. He is an alcoholic, out of work, always down on his luck. He came to us offering the car as he needed moving money.
Best we could do was 10K, he was offered 12K by a fellow biker-dude. We sniffled sadly as we watched it loaded on the flat bed hauler.
But honestly, we don't need another project, but it was a cool car.
J.

#9 ·
No BS I promise. It was in the Big Nickle which is a weekly paper in MO/AR/OK/KS 4 state region. We called on it from work and the car was already sold. Not trying to pull any funny stuff, just thought it was a unique deal and wanted to share it with everyone. I can confirm it or you can have the number if you want to call about it.

#10 ·
Here is the website for the Big Nickel paper for those of you who want to see if I am BS'n you. A collection company has/had the car. www.bignickel.com It is in the classic car section on the third or fourth page I believe. The phone number is also included.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.