Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Marti report has the dealer number listed as 9COW74. Does anyone have any information on these dealer numbers and what they mean? The DSO on the car is 91, for export. It would be interesting to know.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
My Marti report has the dealer number listed as 9COW74. Does anyone have any information on these dealer numbers and what they mean? The DSO on the car is 91, for export. It would be interesting to know.
A fun little mystery to solve. My dealer number is 25F218, I take that to be DSO 25 (Richmond, Va.), F or franchise dealer, and 218 the actual dealer number within that district.

In your case finding out what the C, O, and W stand for would be key. I don't think it's Canada though, they had their own DSO designation, 81.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
give marti a call. im sure he can shed some light on it. they were pretty helpful when i called on my report.

although nowadays youll be better off emailing them.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting stuff. Thanks for the ideas. The car is unique enough I went ahead and order the Elite report. That should get me the information I want.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I will. The lead time on an Elite Marti report sees to be 3 months.
The elite report take a while because they do all the presentation work. But I believe withen a week you will have all the major info in form of a email. Not 100 percent sure but pretty sure. Not 100 percent sure that it will ID export dealers but will probably give the name of importer instead. Just guessing on that last part.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got my Elite Marti report emailed to me today. The dealer listed on the report is FORD MOTOR COMPANY FIGESO, 153 Halsy St, Newark, New Jersey. I found out that FIGESO stands for Ford International General Export Sales Office. This is all very interesting but it still doesn't tell me what country the car was shipped to. I guess the 9COW74 is still the key to knowing where the car went. The mystery continues.

I am also a bit disappointed with the statistics on the Marti Report. For the 67 Fastback there were 8600 Candy red cars, 422 with my color and trim (Candy Red with Parchment). 11,135 with 390/4 speed, 262 ordered from my DSO (91), 16,212 with the GT equipment group. I thought that what I would get is how many 1967 Mustang GT fastbacks with the 390, 4 speed and the Candy red paint and the parchment interior were built. Maybe I will get that with the hard copy. I only have the PDF file right now.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Kinda what I was saying. Don't think ford kept track of overseas sales only Canada and US. Also, a certain DSO does not mean it goes to a certain country. One last thing, I know there are some export DSO cars that were never exported but delivered to Active Duty armed forces on base. I believe the printed out one will give more info but they try to make your car one of one. Even if the option they use is map light or ect. The elite report is for people that want to take their car to shows and not have to answer 1000 questions about their car. With the options you listed, he usually uses those on the report it looks. You can pay him extra money to look up certain things not on report if you want. I don't know what his fees or on these types of questions but wait until you get the report to confirm that info you want is not on it.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew that the DSO of 91 would not tell me much but I thought that the dealer # of 9COW74 would get me somewhere. I guess I will be patient and see what the Marti hard copy will tell me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealer # 25F218 on Marti Report

A fun little mystery to solve. My dealer number is 25F218, I take that to be DSO 25 (Richmond, Va.), F or franchise dealer, and 218 the actual dealer number within that district.

In your case finding out what the C, O, and W stand for would be key. I don't think it's Canada though, they had their own DSO designation, 81.
I have a standard report and my report also has Dealer #25F218. You indicated that was the same as yours. Do you know what dealer this was that sold the car new? I have a base 67 Convertible 289 Dark Moss Green/ black interior. I am stripping the car and found a area near the right rear tail panel that has three holes drilled. May have been a dealer emblem. Just would be interested to know what dealer it was.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I have a standard report and my report also has Dealer #25F218. You indicated that was the same as yours. Do you know what dealer this was that sold the car new? I have a base 67 Convertible 289 Dark Moss Green/ black interior. I am stripping the car and found a area near the right rear tail panel that has three holes drilled. May have been a dealer emblem. Just would be interested to know what dealer it was.
I do not know who the dealer was on mine as I only ordered the standard report like you. A deluxe report would have it. Mine had three holes in the tail panel too, but on the left (driver's) side, whatever emblem long gone.
I'd like to know where it was sold originally but not enough to spend more money to find out. :smile2:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I do not know who the dealer was on mine as I only ordered the standard report like you. A deluxe report would have it. Mine had three holes in the tail panel too, but on the left (driver's) side, whatever emblem long gone.
I'd like to know where it was sold originally but not enough to spend more money to find out. :smile2:
Just Googled your dealer number and found this::

DSO Order Item #: 7468 Dealer #: 25F218 (Sanders Motor Co. Inc.) Dealer Location: 401 Downtown Blvd. Raleigh, North Carolina, 27602

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/887552/1970-ford-mustang-for-sale-in-madisonville-louisiana-70447

Robert

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts