Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a GT500 for a while. I don't expect to find a project car nor do I expect someone to give one away. But I don't think there is one private owner that has one for sale. The dealers buy them and have the prices jacked up so hardly any average Joe can get one. They buy them from someone-I just don't know how they find them. Then there is my cousin-in-law who lives only 70 miles from me and he sold a 69 gt500 convertible (yes you read that correctly) and a 67 gt350 for-- get ready for this- $75,000 for BOTH and they were almost mint. He didn't even call me. He said I was fourth in line and he sold them to the guy that sold him the vert several years ago. I couldn't sleep for 3 days when I found out. If I had one and wanted to sell it I would never sell it to a dealer. I bet they don't tell the people they are dealers. If there is anyone out there that wants to sell theirs to a very good and loving home please contact me! I will love it and squeeze it and pet it and call it George. Well maybe not George. But I have had my 69 Mach since I was 15 years old and now I am 40. So I would definetly keep it forever. Thanks for letting me vent. Your friend, Ken. [Email][email protected] just in case someone has one they would like to sell

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Reminds me of several people in my area who place adds in the local papers looking to buy Mustangs which they then turn right around and sell for a profit. I recognize their telephone #'s.

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Ya, there are several local fellows who always seem to have to talk to me at the shows I go to about what I think my Shelby is worth, and would I think of selling it.
You know, I recognize whats going on right away. It ain't owning a Shelby like mine that gets their kick. It's buying mine and turning it over for anywhere from $3000 to $25,000 more than they paid for it. Owning one isn't their thing, the MONEY is. I wish they would stick to Corvettes.
I often just tell them: "I don't know" and "Talk to the widow, but I'm still above the ground".
Maybe you just need to suggest to these sharks that there could be a finders fee in it for them IF they find you one you want.
Also, even in SAAC's publication, "The Snakebite Bulletin", Shelby listings have really dried up. In the last one there were NO 67's 350's or 500's.
By the way, several sharks swim right here on the VMF forum, you see their ads, again and again every couple of days..to keep them at the top of the listing. And if it's some prize, well, it's sold before you know it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a good rant going until my computer gave out.. stupid machines... but I definitely feel your pain of having a semi-family member selling such great CARS to a dealer for such a crappy price. I am no expert on shelby's but come on I have seen some outrageous prices on those things. he could done better in the private sector.. Plus, did he feel like he owed the guy who got him the 'vert something.. Why the hell would you sell to a dealer when you know he is using you for money. Man thats stupid... By the way thats a little scary about you wanting to pet the mustang and calling it George... MAYBE Georgina but George? i dont know IMHO. :p ...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey I found my car here after looking for 2 months straight several times a day. 2 hours from home. It needed a little work, but the car is worth what I paid and put into it. and it is a Kick to drive. Now I am lurking to find a Boss....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That cousin must be on your mother's side... ::
Certainly wouldn't be talkin' to him at the family picnics,

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
The "George" crack refers to an old Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck cartoon...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I helped a guy I know find a '68 GT350 convertible a few months ago, didnt buy it from a dealer.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I cannot stand "dealers" unless they are really legit and restore them also! They are simply driving the price beyond most people's ability to own anymore. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts