Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Mach 1, 351W 4v
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this question on my intro post, but hoping it gets some more eyes by posting here. I recently bought a 69 mach 1 and got the marti report and Emminger invoice. I noticed that the dealership listed on the invoice is different than the one listed on the Marti. My question is, which one was my car actually sold at? Thanks in advance for the help!
Handwriting Font Material property Rectangle Menu

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
Considering they are 15 miles apart, dealer A could have ordered it, and then transferred it to dealer B for a sale, or whatever. The dealerships could have even been owned by the same company, and one handled all the ordering and sent the cars to the respective sub dealers.

It could have been transferred to a 3rd dealership not even listed.

I would not stress on it.

I am in the Dallas area, and cars move around dealerships like crazy, well at least, pre COVID.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha, I was assuming that was the case but wanted to get someone else's input. Mainly only care as I would like to collect stuff that relates to the car so I guess I can just search for things from both dealerships!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
4 gallons of gas $1.33
Nice!

·
I won a special award
9,048 Posts
Dealer trades are very normal and happen all the time. The last two new cars I bought were dealer trades where the dealer I bought the cars from traded a car in their inventory with the dealer that had the car I wanted. In the 1960's my dad used to pick up and drop off cars for dealers trades as a side job. He used his personal 1966 Chevelle two door to flat tow the cars being traded between dealers.

Reactions: IFire69Mach

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
One summer in the 60s I worked as a "lot boy" for a dealership and one of my jobs was taking cars to other dealers for trades. Even recently, when I bought my '21 Tacoma the dealer went on-line to the special Toyota website to look around at other dealers for what I wanted (a 4dr w/ stick in red was nowhere to be found east of the Mississippi).

·
Registered
73 Posts
A Emminger Report. it really not a "report" but a copy of one of the shipping invoices related for a specific car. They are only available for some plants and years. Nothing for the early years - Kind of like Marti Reports

Rescued from being thrown out in the trash many years ago, Lois saved them and sold them through the mail for decades. In more recent time she sold the remaining invoices to Kevin Marti. Originally Lois would send you the originals now I believe you get a color copy

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
FWIW... I had a discrepancy on the Marti report verses the factory invoice i received. Called the Marti report folks and receiver this response.

Click the link learn more about why the dealer location may vary on a Marti Report compared to that of a an original Ford invoice! Marti Auto Works - Concourse Quality, Hobbyist Price
Good info. I wonder why the Marti people call it 'concourse' on their literature and not 'concours'. Two very different things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Not sure how I missed this info that @asrassoc posted from the Marti website, but this basically fully answers my question! I kind of figured that it was a dealer trade when the Emminger came in. I also currently have an AM/FM radio in my car that looks to be an original from 1969 with door speakers with Ford part number and everything. Both Marti/Emminger show it should be an AM radio but I have speculations that the dealer installed it once it came in to make the sale. After removing the door speaker covers, it is pretty clear someone (poorly) cut them to make room for the speakers. Although we are all very lucky to have as much history available about our cars as we do, I just wish there was a way to do more. The digging I've been doing since purchasing the car has been fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts