Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next weekend I should have the FB back from the shop looking all spiffy. I have a decal kit but it really doesn't say were all the decals go. I know some of them by heart but there are a few that I need some direction on. I have searched the net and can not find anything that addresses this. I am sure you guys have something. It's a 68 built in Aug of 67 from Dearborn. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Did you buy a kit and if so whats in it? Maybe some of us can help put your dedals on if we know what they are.....Billy

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok here is what I have and what I know

"See Owners Manual for Jacking Instructions" - On the scissors jack
"Battery OK" - Unknown Apron or the battery
"Mustang recommended Tire Size" - Door Jamb or glove box?
"Caution Fan" - Top of the Radiator Shroud
"When Refueling" - Passenger side shock tower? looks like service sticker also says every 6000 miles to use 10W-30 grade oil
"Autolite Spark plugs" Red/White/Blue
"12 volts Autolite" - Don't think it goes on a 68
"Ford Motor Company certifies" NTMVSA of 66 sticker - Drivers side underside of Trunk
"approved exhaust emission Control System" - Don't think it goes on a 68 without the thermofactor system
"Use Genuine FOMOCO replacement parts" - unknown
"Front" - unknown
Yellow "Autolite regulator" 15v - Don't think it goes on a 68

Thanks, are there others besides the "289" sticker for the A/C that I am missing?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for the link it is very helpful. I only have one question. The reference shows the specifications label on the driver shock tower. I remember mine was on the passenger fender. I have owned it since 1977 and doubt that anyone has done anything to the enginge compartment prior to that. Is it normal for the placement of labels to be inconsistant?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts