Vintage Mustang Forums banner

decals location...

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  2+2=GT350 
#1 ·
I'm at that point where i need to konw where to put those different decals i got from Jim Ozborne.....is there such a site or link where to tell me where to put them according to FoMoCo...
Thanks again..

#2 ·
Just ask us here, what year car and what plant was it built at?

#3 ·
1969 Mach1 as for the plant i'll have to go see the VIN....is there a diagram of where to put them, they don't have to be concours correct, as long as they are at the right place. An inch or so won't make a difference to me...
Thanks

#4 ·
What decals? Inspection stickers? List the plant and build date or consecutive unit number.

#5 ·
There are several people here who will be able to help you with the decals for that year. Throw away the FRONT and CAUTION FAN decals, you won't need those.

#6 ·
Funny you mentionned those, these were the first ones i installed knowing where to put them...i've got 14 of them that came in a kit from Jim Ozborne....

#7 ·
I could post a pic of them all tomorrow, but i taught they're would be a drawing on the net somewhere on where to put them all....ya know just like the shop manual shows them...maybe i should get one of those...

#8 ·
Mach_One said:
........ but i taught they're would be a drawing on the net somewhere on where to put them all....ya know just like the shop manual shows them...maybe i should get one of those...
Too many differences ... as asked above what plant and month was the car build at?

Can't provide the right info with out the right start

#10 ·
Those kits always have more decals than what really go on a car. The FRONT decals only go on 65-66 years. I'm not sure when the CAUTION FAN decals came on, but it wasn't in 1969.

#11 ·
I taught i just made my day by installing 2 decals and now i have to remove them....darn, ok so where do the other ones go...you guys need a pic or something !

#12 ·
Here is the general information for that plant - that period (though the one compartment is a 302 locations will still work)

Hot pink arrow - service decal, could be one of the two locations below

Orange arrow - Engine size/type decal location (likely was not included in the collection you received

Green arrow - Cubic inch decal

Yellow arrow - AUTOLITE service decal with air filter number printed in the lower left

Not show is the battery inspection decal often located above or to the front of the starter solenoid

#13 ·
Thanks Jeff....took pics today at our biggest event here in Granby, Qc...so i got pretty much the picture...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.