Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a nice rear window defogger, with bezel, on eBay. The car did not come with one originally, but I had found a used one once and it made a couple of winters much more bearable for a parked-outdoors daily driver. (It eventually quit and was tossed, lo these many years ago.)

I've discovered that while good defogger units are expensive, the original switches are "if you have to ask..." So I'll probably be passing on installing an authentic FoMoCo (that's Fo Mo Cash) switch. :)

My question is this: where was the factory defogger switch mounted? From the pics of the switch, it looks like it went under the lip of the dash? Correct? Where, exactly? Pics?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yep, it goes under the dash, or more precisely under the ash tray IIRC. I have the original Ford installation instructions from a NOS defrost kit(somewhere). I can scan it and email to you or simply fax it to you if you want. I may even have an extra switch somewhere. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In looking at the schematics, it looks like the low-speed setting is accomplished by plumbing a resistor into the power wire. I don't have the complete kit and the book isn't clear... can anyone tell me the characteristics of this resistor (ohms and wattage?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts