Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. first post of probably many.

I am in the processing of buying a 71 Mach 1. I was wondering if i had this vehicle delivered to me(Paid in full) who would be responsible for insurance on it?

Would the seller still need his assurance on it till it was delivered so if for some chance something happened on the haul to me and car was wrecked I would get my money back
Or

Am i responsible for the insurance on the haul once paid for and possible out of luck?

It is drivable but i didn't plan on driving it or getting insurance on it while i started the restoration process.

I bought it for $5500

Thanks
Matt
It has been a long time dream and now i finally got a good job and a big shop to tackle a restore.

·
Premium Member
10,938 Posts
see about getting transport insurance b 4 having it shipped. i saw a 67 mustang that a guy bought and the fool that was transporting it drove it off the top deck of his parking lot(trucker talk for car carrier). it crushed the back and side of the mustang in and the tranporter DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE ! the owner of the mustang had to pay out of his pocket to get it repaired and repainted. the guy went through a transport service that hired the independant truck driver contractor. a friend used to do car transport with a 3 car rig and by law had to have a minimum of $750,000.00 commercial insurance. i told him about the 67 and he said the brokers he went through never checked to see if he had insurance or a class a license and a medical certificate. transporting cars is a serious business and dont take somebodys word that they can do the job unless you know them , GET INSURANCE. i have transported a few cars including this F i mean TUCKER that Preston Tucker owned. thats one ugly mutha :shocked:ucker !!! btw the guy that bought this Tucker paid 7 fugures for it ! $,$$$,$$$.00

Attachments

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
My auto insurance co. covers the car in transport from where I bought it. Never heard of the seller taking responsibility.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Once you own it, you're responsible for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts