Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help,my 67 came with the deluxe interior,its all there apart from the steering wheel..it has a grant fitted at the moment,i want to fit the origanal deluxe woodgrain wheel..
first question is...what centre horn cap came with theses wheels??any pics would be very helpfull.
also where is the best place to buy the wheel and all the relavent fitting from??
thanks for any help given..

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
AFAIK the center pad is not reproduced. It is the same style as the regular wheel only taller. It looks like you could take a T-bird or Fairlane pad and swap the emblems and have the correct depth pad.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
YLexot,
Keep in mind the majority on this forum may not be hip to acronyms.
What on earth does AFAIK mean?
Your making me feel like a geezer and I'm only 48!:skullnbones:

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
as far as i know=afaik it took me a few minutes to figure it out and im 67. i bought a repro 67 deluxe wheel minus center cap from cj mustang-quality just so-so. wes

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
GTFO! (jk)
Get the frig out! Just kidding. :0p
I keep it to a minimum. I see AFAIK everywhere so I thought it was fairly universal. Oh, and I'm 44 and I already am a geezer. Just ask SWMBO. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Ok, so can everyone else mouse over the AFAIK and get the tip strip?

·
Registered
35,835 Posts
Need some help,my 67 came with the deluxe interior,its all there apart from the steering wheel..it has a grant fitted at the moment,i want to fit the origanal deluxe woodgrain wheel..
first question is...what centre horn cap came with theses wheels??any pics would be very helpfull.
also where is the best place to buy the wheel and all the relavent fitting from??
thanks for any help given..
Strange as it sounds, the deluxe wheel was not included in the 67 deluxe interior, it was a separate option. It is quite normal to have the standard wheel in the deluxe interior, or the deluxe wheel in the standard interior.

The color-matched vinyl and foam mushroom in the centre of the wheel was similar to the standard, but, as said, a different height. The difference, however, was slight, so if you buy the standard repro, it's unlikely that anyone will notice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AFAIK the center pad is not reproduced. It is the same style as the regular wheel only taller. It looks like you could take a T-bird or Fairlane pad and swap the emblems and have the correct depth pad.

Thanks for the reply,so it is the standard centre(well as good as)and not like the 65-66 ..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strange as it sounds, the deluxe wheel was not included in the 67 deluxe interior, it was a separate option. It is quite normal to have the standard wheel in the deluxe interior, or the deluxe wheel in the standard interior.

The color-matched vinyl and foam mushroom in the centre of the wheel was similar to the standard, but, as said, a different height. The difference, however, was slight, so if you buy the standard repro, it's unlikely that anyone will notice.

Very helpfull...thanks...any idea were i can purchase one??NPD have them BUT..not in blue..just my luck as i now have the wheel with no centre...Grrrrr Steve

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
NPD and MU both list the 67 steering wheel center pad in blue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts