Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All:

I have a quick and simple question. What is the difference between a Deluxe and Standard interior for a 67 Mustang? Is there a website that details out this information difference?

Thanks!
Ej

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
You already know what the standard int has, so here are some details of the Deluxe.
Door panels: Molded in arm rest. Aluminum panel and chrone trim around the perimeter. The bottom section has a grill front to back, with a courtesy light behind it.
Seats: The fronts have a plastic chrome trimmed back panel, and a plastic chrome trim around part of the bottom. there is a chrome peice in the center near the top at a 4 seating positions.
Dash: There are aluminum panels side to side covering the standard black area. OEM stuff is built special for this with out the black area behind it. I have seem add on aluminum panels.
Steering wheel: optional wood grain type was available, but not part of the deluxe interior option.
Seat belts: the deluxe has special belts with a push button release in the center of the buckle.
Pedals: chrome trim around the pedals

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,710 Posts
The overhead console with map lights (coupe and fastback), upholstered quarter panel trim with chrome end cap (coupe and convert) and the electric clock are also part of the Interior Decor Group. However, the deluxe seat belts with warning light is a stand alone option.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
can anyone show me a pix of the upholstered quarter panel trim with chrome end cap.

When I got my car the deluxe interior was amazingly complete, but I don't recall seeing these when I took the car apart and can't even imagine where they go on the rear 1/4 trim.

I've had the interior redone for about 7 months, but it is all in my back bedroom while I search for someone to do my floors, so these pieces may be in one of my multiple bags of hardware.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mustangs Plus has them in their catalog (with photos)...but not online. I am interested in seeing photos the upholstery as well...I am thinking about adding this to my 67.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts