Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the only thing that could cheer me up right now is another fastback or a convertible, but I don't know whow that's gonna work out. It stinks to be young, and have to liquidate precious metals in order to buy food. I think there should just be a hunger strike for a while and keep the car, but noooo... Well, it's not liek I advertised it for sale or anything. Someone just got a case of the "yard shopping bug" and stopped yard shopping when they saw my fastback sitting in the gravel, waiting for a garage spot. I couldn't pass up teh cash offer, as it was more than what I had into it, but at the same time, it completed my trio of Coupe, fastback, convertible. now I am down to a bunch of ragged out coupes, and one concourse canidate that needs finishing. I still have to go pick up a bunch of cars adn parts from a local fellow who traded me a lot of Ford parts for a paint job on his 5 window coupe. I am a few weeks away from final buffing on that car so I wll have a bunch more ragged out coupes once that is finished, but still no fastback or convertible. Has anyone else ever felt this alone before when they sold a car? It's kinda scary.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I feel your pain brother! My wife and I had to sell our 68 Shelby KR to purchase our new house. That was 10 years ago and I still cry myself to sleep at night. Just make sure the next stang is cooler than the old fastback. Tell yourself "the next one will be better". That should ease the pain a little. Nicholas

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
I was all set to feel sorry for you until you started running down the list of cars you have to work on.

I'd give my eye teeth to have a collection like that and the room to work on them.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
collection of scrap iron? I had a guy offer me $900 for all the junk coupes I had layin around here, and I was gonna take that offer, but I figured if I got rid of all the cars and I needed parts for something I would be SOL. If you would like to give your eye teeth for this bunch of ragged out rust, and the garage that currently is housing a bunch of cars that are not mine (but still need me to do the work on) then I would say it's not a fair trade. maybe an eyelash or a nose hair, but not eye teeth... ;)

( I wouldn't feel sorry for me anyhow. It's my own mismanagement that keeps landing me with out large paychecks. This is a note for those who are thinkin about dropping out of school: DON'T EFFING DO IT!)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
You think that hurts?, I sold a 68 FB 10 years ago (my lovely bride talked me into it), to help pay some bills, ie: the down payment for the house, and to pay of HER car off,she turned around and TRADED her car in on a toyota. It took 10 years to get another one, and it is better, 1967 fb, gta deluxe/deluxe 390. Man is that FUN!

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I have sold a couple of cars and subsequently had to withstand the onset of chronic sellers remorse. I can't part with them....

I found this website abika.com - for $60.00 they can trace a vin to the current (or most recent) owner of record.

Since for some strange reason I remember the serial numbers of every car I have ever owned, including all of my dad's cars from when I was a kid, I coughed up $60.00 to trace my first car.

(I sold it in 1985 20 min after someone had hit it. I sold it to a navy recruiter who worked in the adjacent building to me at the time. I was incredibly pissed off and sold it out of pure emotional backlash to the relatively minor accident. (1971 Javelin SST))

The last owner of record renewed the registration in 1990 and no longer lives at the listed address. I have to assume that it got junked. :(

I bring this up because the site may be useful to someone who suffers from the same woeful disease as myself. (disease = inexplicable attachment to inanimate objects) :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I feel for you! I am sure all of us at one time or another has felt that "punch in the gut" of seller's remorse! When I was 18 I sold my first Mustang, '67 Fastback 289 4-speed, to finance my resto on my '68 GTO Convertible. I remember it like it was yesterday (1982), the guy left with the car, I went into the house and laid out the whopping $2100 (that was a lot back then!) on the table and my brother was flipping through the TV channels and yelled to me "Hey Steve, guess what? BULLITT'S ON! I almost puked! I literally felt sick to my stomach. The good news is that I have went through many many Mustangs since and what you have to remember, you can't keep em all! It's like having a dog die or run away. Go get another and it will make you feel better! Good luck! ::

·
Registered
858 Posts
the weird thing when i sold my 66FB....i didnt feel bad at all, i had more $ into it and it wasnt doing much and i needed a driver fast, and i got a decent price (more than anyone else was willing to pay) basically the body guy FUDGED up, and well i will NEVER go back to him ever. so i got a better car now...plus i have 2 more chances to get a 65-66FB anyhow lol ::

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Sorry you're bummed about it.

I just agreed to sell mine, and I'm not really upset. It's just bittersweet. :p Dickson

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I have had 6 early cars and sold the 1st 5 with some regrets. My current car is the car I always wanted, but I would sell it if I could get back most of my investment. I have been bitten by the late model bug after driving my wife's and would spend the money on an '03 cobra or a Saleen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts