Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us in the DFW area:
I know of a young lady, 19 years old, who bought a '66/200/3-spd earlier this year. She's head-over-heels in love with it, but has had some recent maintenance setbacks and can't afford repairs.

She reports "rear oil seal is leaking badly onto my exhaust and trying to blow, she's actually building enough oil pressure to pop my cap off, ignition finally gave out and keeps draining batteries on me, gear shifter is acting up, brakes need reworked again and I'm constantly losing traction even on slow braking".

I'm guessing that last bit means her brakes are locking up as soon as she touches the pedal.

I'm trying to gage if there are any VMF folks interested in offering technical skills and relevant parts to help her get back on the road. If there is interest, then I'll get back with her and relay our support. If there isn't much interest, then I'll just let sleeping dogs lie.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I'd be in to help but mileage might be an issue
Yeah, I used to make that drive from Kentucky several times a year, 12 hour drive. Ok, ok, there were a couple 9 and 9 /12 hour dusk to dawn runs but I was lucky not be locked up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that'd be a long haul!

I tagged up with her since posting and she advised me that she was able to arrange for tech help through her dad. Need for help is no longer needed.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean! I don't frequent the "local posts" very often either.

Thanks for the offer for the help. There might be another opportunity in the future so keep those wrenches handy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts