Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to find out if 1969 Machs came with that sprinkled textured floors, and how do i find out the correct color for mine?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I dont think they came with that. I think the LH and RH floors were body color and tank was bare. All covered by the mat. I could be wrong, interested to hear responses on this.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
No, the spatter paint started, I believe, in 1971.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I don't want to start or rekindle controversy. IMO the original Mustang concept ran from the 64 1/2 through the 70 model. Sub groups were 64 1/2-66, 67/68 and 69/70. The car structure was widened starting on the 67 model to allow for big block engines. 69 was again IMO a dramatic styling philosophy change. IMO the original Mustang styling was based on the coupe/convertible. Again I stress IMO the 69/70 was styled for the sport roof, Mach I series with the coupe/verts being the afterthought.

IMO the 71-73 Mustangs were a whole new/different concept/car. Besides having the extremely long swoopy hood, which many say is great stying it got away from the pony concept...small (for it's time) sporty car. A key difference that distinguishes it is the 71-73 has modern for the time power steering, like the big Fords. The trunk interior finally got some attention like a big car (not a sporty car!).

Slim

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont think they came with that. I think the LH and RH floors were body color and tank was bare. All covered by the mat. I could be wrong, interested to hear responses on this.
Everything I have seen and read would agree with this, same with the 70's too.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
trying to find out if 1969 Machs came with that sprinkled textured floors, and how do i find out the correct color for mine?
all the inteior metal would be the same color as your car would have been and some of the interior metal will be primer. But the floor pans definetly color of car and not textured.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is why i ask, in the picture below if you look at the inner fender well and the rear seat support, you can see the textured, rough coating. So that is not factory? this is by no means a concours resto, but i do want the car reasonably accurate.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
No, its not correct for 69. Those areas should be body color I believe.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
This is why i ask, in the picture below if you look at the inner fender well and the rear seat support, you can see the textured, rough coating. So that is not factory? this is by no means a concours resto, but i do want the car reasonably accurate.
There is a rough heavy thick coating on a large area of the inside of the quarter panels. This was to prevent the quarter panels from sounding tinny. There is some body color paint over this damper coating. No spatter paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts