Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen the car yet but it is supposedly a green on green (peasoup green) 1970 Mach. Did they offer this combo?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Unlike 1969 I do see additional Mach 1 interior choices for 1970 in my book. They have an "Ivy Mach 1 knitted vinyl" listed with a code "3G".

[Updated info]

I just got my Mustang By The Number Book out and looked it up. There were a total of 4,453 Mach 1s with the 3G interior across all color choices.

Now for the green cars,

Dark Ivy Metallic Green (code C) there were 1,668

Medium Avacoda Metallic (G) 2,190

Grabber Green (Z) 6

Light Ivy Yellow (2) 438

(I'd like to know if the 2 Grabber Orange cars with the green (3G) interior are still around!)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I've got pics of one such car, but I can't post them here. The interior has a couple shades of green in it. Dash pads, console upper door panels are a darker green while the rest is a medium green. This is pretty much the color combo for the 69's but the medium green is somewhat brighter. Its tough to get trim pieces for green cars. Especially stereo speaker grills.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
RIMCREW on this forum has a green 1970 Mach with green interior. Shoot him a PM if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
speak of the devil

Link

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys, but I know this now as I have the car in my driveway. (see other WIW post) I had not seen the actual car since it was hidden under a tarp but the PO told me it was green interior and I had never seen one in a Mach before so i was wondering if it was a real mach. Turns out it is of course and green did come in the car originally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts