Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SWMBO is really getting into the Mustang thing lately. She was online with a friend of hers last week and she mentioned to my SWMBO that she had to go, the cruise-in starts soon. My wonderful SWMBO asked her what she was refering to and here is what happened.
"What cruise in?"
Local group of "car people" get together every other week and do a cruise-in at the local dealership."
"Which dealership?"
"Chevy,GMC dealer"
"Can anyone attend or is this some car club?"
"Anyone with a cool vehicle can come, its just for fun."
So SWMBO tells me this and we decided that this week we would take Stang out. :D
THE FUN PART:
We pull up to the dealership 5 minutes before the mentioned time to start and there is one other vehicle setting in the lot. A real "work in progress" cheby pickup (bout 1953, I think). Introduce ourselves and ask if its ok if we join them for the cruise night. "Sure no problem, hey thats a really nice looking Mustang you have there." TY. We shoot the breeze for a while waiting for others to show. 15 minutes later I get the feeling this "cruise-in" is a bowtie affair, as we are the ONLY Ford there and most of the others are rolling projects. Mostly a nice group of "car buffs" and spouses. We went for a 20 mile cruise to a steak house and had a good time. After the food and beverage, we all gathered in the parking lot and talked about each others vehicles. Couple bowtie buddies started giving me shat about my FORD amongst the chebbies. One said "You need to but a bowtie on that thing so I can get close enough to look at it." I said "You put a bowtie on my Stang and it will chew it up and spit it back at you."
Stupid transam guys. ;)
They all started laughing and one says "That little 289 couldnt keep up to anything here."
"Who said I had a 289?" says I. I go over and pop the hood and watch the jaws drop as they see the 5.0 EFI sitting there. :: :: ::tee hee Fuel injection is cool.
Took care of the crap right there. ::
We did a "who has the quickest launch/longest burnout" in the parking lot - emptied the bar across the street doing that. Stang had, by far, the fastest shot across the lot. I had the bar folks definitely on my side for that judging. I can't do a burnout on clean pavement, I get real good traction.
A fun night out overall, even if I did have to put up with a bunch of chebby guys/gals.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all, you need to realize we where not in a "large" city environment. If it was there is no way we would have even considered this.
;)
Second, we even asked the pub owner if he minded if we did some "burnouts" in his parking lot. He quickly said yes and offered a free drink to the winner. He is a big car nut himself. :D
Third, it was WAY COOL!!! ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts