Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do the funeral thing this last weekend. One of the attendees was one of my Fathers-In-Law. My family vacationed at his place in CA last month and I got to see his 64.5 San Jose coupe. He has had it for 26 years and has it partly disassembled and plans to finish restoring it as soon as he buys a bigger place next Spring. Anyway, I noticed his front and rear valances where shot beyond repair and I thought that since I am a good son-in-law I would offer him mine that I did not use.
Here is the deal, mine are genuine FORD valances bought from a Ford dealer in 1982. I gave them to him this weekend after the funeral plus my 65 headlamp bucket (the funeral was his older sister). He had given me one of his orginal 64.5 headlamp buckets for Stang a few years ago.
He is a great guy and really accepting of my family ( he never knew he had a daughter until two years ago) and I figured he could use the parts on his "restored to original" coupe.
I hope I dont sound shallow, but do you think we are even? Or do I still owe him some more parts? I would gladly give them to him for his project (being family and all). ::
I just thought I might need some of these leftover parts for tradin. I still have a few things I want (not need - want). ;)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
When it comes to family, there is no such thing as "even." Don't worry about value. If he needs the parts and you don't need the money then you have done a good thing. Keeping score interferes with keeping family.

Just my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts